D-Link closes security hole in some of its routers

nsane.forums

Revised firmware updates are to close a security hole discovered a few days ago in various D-Link routers whose flawed implementation of the Home Network Administration Protocol (HNAP) allows attackers to gain hidden administrator access

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 10
  • Views 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often wonder about what the right router would be to get if I changed up.. I think I want a Netgear router though I am not to sure just yet...

EDIT: Oh and good luck.. hope you don't brick the router..LOL

Revised firmware updates close a security hole discovered a few days ago in various D-Link routers whose flawed implementation of the Home Network Administration Protocol (HNAP) allows attackers to gain hidden administrator access

view.gif View: Original Article

• Administrator

You mean GLB-502T? Then same here.

But hey this model sucks. Really. Disconnects everytime even when there's a single bit of power fluctuation. I'm soon gonna get a new model. Would be around Rs. 1000 I guess. :unsure:

So how's your? As bad as mine?

Mine is OK (not listed either,) it's a pity yours sucks. Got it from Anupam Stationery Mart and they recommended DSL 502T saying it was the most reliable.

• Administrator

Hmm. My family friend engineer gets all the parts for me, he even got this router, the only problem was, at the time I got my router, this was the only model available.

Did you see D-Link India website? You will be amazed to see how much great routers are available ATM for MTNL users. :)

Archived