Facebook users get 6 months of free McAfee

Lite

• Administrator

Facebook seems to be on a mission to make its social network a safer place to visit and use. At the end of last year McAfee said that both Twitter and Facebook would be top malware targets in 2010 and Facebook is already taking steps to counteract that.

Earlier this week the social network started testing a new Ignore feature to help block unwanted friend spamming. Today another surprising addition has been made. Facebook has teamed up with McAfee to offer all users six months of free protection using McAfee’s Internet Security suite.

To get the free protection just navigate to the “Protect Your PC” tab on McAfee’s Facebook page. There you will gain access to the security suite, a custom scanning and repair tool, as well as education material created in conjunction with Facebook.

Once your six month period is up McAfee is also promising to give users a discounted rate at which to continue their subscription to the security software. For its part Facebook does not get any of that additional revenue.

view.gif View: Original Article

More Information:

Facebook Blog | Press Release

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u think

it's time to have a facebook page :D

not worth it tho , McAfee

It's cool they give us the opportunity to test their product but you know,Mc Afee...no way!

If that was 6 months of Kaspersky Internet Security I would say it's a good deal but anyway something free can't be bad.

It might be useful for some PC users whose antivirus subscription is about to expire or already expired. The drawback being Mcafee is a resource hog and not one of the better antivirus programs out there.

McAfee so lame and desperate they resort to this. :rofl:

Microsoft Security Essentials is better than McAfee and it's 100% free for life. ^_^

I would not use McAfee even if I had free lifetime subscription. They need to get their act in order like what Norton did with NAV2009.

:unsure: What's de cause of meting out such punishment to them unsuspecting Facebook members? :unsure:

ps:-

. . . . . . advance apologies to McAfee Users. :P

McAfee so lame and desperate they resort to this. :rofl:

Microsoft Security Essentials is better than McAfee and it's 100% free for life. ^_^

I would not use McAfee even if I had free lifetime subscription. They need to get their act in order like what Norton did with NAV2009.

so true,beautifully put

The title keeps making me think that they got a 6-month jail sentence:

Change "Facebook users get 6 months of free McAfee"

to "Facebook users get 6 months in prison"

Hmmm, perhaps getting McAfee is like getting a jail sentence. :think: :rofl:

• Administrator

How about "both FaceBook and McAfee users offered 6 months of free visit to jail." :rofl:

But hey both Facebook and McaAfree are = :injured:.

The only positives of both of them in my view are, McAfree has a great siteadvisor, and you can spy on FB profiles from top without needin to login. :P

Archived