Rudeboy2025

I'm a big fan of Cameron's work and this movie is quite possibly his most hyped. I just got back from the midnight screening of Avatar in 3D. Well does it live up to the hype?

Yes! (and a small no)

I admit that I was disappointed with the first trailer but the movie is awesome. Let's get to the NO part first. The problem with this is the script. The entire story is completely predictable. There's cliches all over the place and frankly it's all been done before.

Now to the YES of the movie - the acting is great. Sam Worthington is everywhere these days and he deserves it because he's a pretty good actor. IMO he's the only thing that saved Terminator Salvation from being utter crap. I also gotta give props to Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang. The direction is awesome and I expected nothing less than awesome because it's James Cameron. The highlight of the movie is of course the effects and oh man do they look amazing. Pandora looks absolutely beautiful and looks so damn real. The Na'Vi really do look photorealistic and the CGI with the flora and fauna on Pandora is amazing. Cameron created his own 3D camera for this and spent a good part of a decade making his vision come true and the end result is simply awe inspiring. I just wish that Cameron had spent some more time on the script and this movie would be a perfect ten.

The 3D looks amazing and in my humble opinion it is the only way to truly see this film. I'll probably get it on Blu-Ray when it comes out.

9/10

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a James Cameron movie, so it must be good. Waiting for a DVDRip copy :dance2: Thanks for the review.

LOL can you view it in 3D if it's a DVDRip?

LOL can you view it in 3D if it's a DVDRip?

as long as you have 3D glasses B)

I have never seen a home 3D movie.. I guess I need to add that to a list of things to do I should do the whole 50's rat-rod racer get up when I do..LOL ( there is a better name for that I know it.. )

Ok, I just saw the movie. And I like it (9/10). Would I pay to watch it again? (I know better.) Would I buy a blue-ray? YES!

My TOP MOVIES:

1. Armageddon

2. Avatar

3. Star Trek (the latest one)

The plot was not unique in that it was similar to when, in our history, the Europeans went to America and displaced the native Americans. IMO, the uniqueness was that the story was told using a different perspective. You can infer that the planet Pandora was like early America and the Navi were the natives. The humans in this case were the Europeans.This time the humans traveled to an alien planet and displaced the native population for resources. (History repeat itself.)

I never really truly did understand why the native Americans were so protective of the natural resources. After watching the movie, I now understand the relationships and the concepts.

For me, the one nagging point was with the character Marine Corporal Jake Sully. I believe that Cameron would have made the character Sully more believable if Sully's rank was a senior first lieutenant or a seasoned captain instead of a corporal. So people don't get the wrong idea, the US military promotes those who deserved it.

What's the different between an award and a promotion?

An award is for past accomplishments.

A promotion is for future accomplishments.

This is me:

If someone come on my property and said this to me:

I/We come in peace.

My natural response now would be:

You come in peace to do what exactly?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I will jump in professional fan boy for a while here. I did not have stage fright, after a movie I had in some time for Avatar. Avatar James Cameron's film is more entertaining and exciting experience of my life. It is simply incredible. What Cameron has done here is the film's most passionate extinct since Steven Spielberg released Schindler's List. His attention to detail and his willingness to push the envelope is so wonderful that any filmmaker or actor who will never be another movie from that time.

• 1 month later...

simply awesome !.Very entertaining movie in 3D. This is the one movie that begs me to drop big dollar to re-equip my home theater with 3D

And the visuals...oh god the visuals... the detail... the creativity. And 3D...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived