Microsoft: Win10 1903 having problems with Bluetooth speakers

Karlston

Microsoft: Win10 1903 having problems with Bluetooth speakers

This one’s odd.

According to the just-posted KB 4518538, “Bluetooth speakers don’t work after update 4505903 is installed on Windows 10, version 1903.”

After you install update 4505903 on Windows 10, version 1903 on a computer that has an internal speaker installed, you experience one of the following issues:

• A Bluetooth speaker can’t connect to the computer.
  • A Bluetooth speaker can connect to the computer. However, the speaker output sounds noisy (bad quality).
  • A Bluetooth speaker can connect to the computer. However, the sound is generated by the internal speaker instead of the Bluetooth device.

Additionally, in Device Manager, you notice an entry under the Sound, video and game controllers node for Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source that shows a yellow bang (exclamation mark) icon.

Here’s what’s odd. KB 4505903 is July’s “optional non-security” second monthly cumulative update. I have no idea why the second July update would have a problem that doesn’t occur in the first August cumulative update. (We haven’t yet seen the second August cumulative update for Win10 1903.)

UPDATE: @abbodi86 has what sounds like the right diagnosis:

The issue is probably caused by some combination, or bad sequence, of patches. It does not seem directly related to the update

Source: Microsoft: Win10 1903 having problems with Bluetooth speakers (AskWoody - Woody Leonhard)

• Replies 4
  • Views 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Intel Wireless Bluetooth by Microsoft installed in my Lenovo laptop and have no problem tistening on an LG bluetooth earpghone separated about 10 meters. It connects perfectly and sound is the best quality with Windows 1903 build 18362.295

1 hour ago, luisam said:

I have Intel Wireless Bluetooth by Microsoft installed in my Lenovo laptop and have no problem tistening on an LG bluetooth earpghone separated about 10 meters. It connects perfectly and sound is the best quality with Windows 1903 build 18362.295

it has a work around on the support article  if don't work just run a sfc scan and reboot so its not a very bad bug,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4518538/bluetooth-speakers-do-not-work-after-update-4505903-is-installed

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

you was just lucky i guess but 2 pages here that running sfc scan fixes it

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-bluetooth-a2dp-source-error-code-52/3d236113-ed31-4b7a-a46e-ec7bbda1878d?page=1

Nothing new doing that even fixed start menu bugs and things in the past.  

i was also having problem. but with bluetooth earphones that I recently bought. I also did a sfc scan and fix and reminds me that I should check it again @steven36 Thanks for making me remember that I had to check my earphones again 😛 I will let you know if there is an issue.

Sorry I couldn't do thanks because I ran out of reactions - like always. I will thumps up when I get the new reactions.

@Karlston Thanks to you too because I forgot that I had to check up on the issue :)  I will thumps up to you too when I get new reactions.

Nope. I can confirm now that my bluetooth earphones are no longer pairing with my laptop, but they are with my old phone that has not been updated in at least a year 🤣

Archived