disk2019

Regtweaks (Win 7 - Win 10) Collection files original created under the GPL 2.0 license 2015 - 2019 by CHEF-KOCH. Some tweaks are taken from the Internet but most tweaks are found by myself.

Project Goal(s)

1. All of the tweaks could be integrated into image creations tools (vLite, WinToolKit,..) to simplify things, especially if you like to re-install Windows from the ground without need to apply each tweak one by one.
  2. Show hidden things that aren't visible via GUI under Windows. Sometimes it's easier/faster to do this via .reg instead of search for the toggles.
  3. Another goal is that the user doesn't need additional tools like O&O ShutUp, because some of such 'privacy' tools are bundled with bloatware and are not necessary, because all can already be done with scripts and .reg tweak - So overall an Index/Backup script to read the current state is more transparent (see 1/2).
  4. Provide a short overview of current Windows issue and how to quickly solve them.
  5. Fix everything listed under ToDo.

RegTweaks is free, but powered by your support

There are many reoccurring costs involved with maintaining free, open source and privacy respecting programs. As you probably know, developing quality applications takes much time and resources. Your sponsoring will make it possible to release the GUI.

Any problems, questions or something wrong?

• Feel free to open an issue ticket and I will look at it asap. - Pull requests or ideas are always welcome!
  • Please do not use the issue tracker to ask for xyz tweaks, I not waste my time with that until there is a very good reasons to do so. If you found something that wasn't added here contact me and I will add it.
  • Windows 7 - 8 support is limited, I simply don't have time to check every OS and I personally won't support it anymore because my philosophy is to use the latest OS due security reasons.

Find hidden registry settings yourself

To answer the question how do I find all these registry tweaks, it's very easy and explained with pictures and an example video which you can find over here.

Reboot myth

There are several myths and disinformation about how the Windows Registry actually work, one of them is that you need to reboot. There are several methods in order to apply registry changes without a reboot.

• Kill explorer.exe and restart it
  • Log off and then log back in (recommend)

Find hidden Windows features yourself

Mach2 is not an official Microsoft program. Nevertheless, you can still download it from it's Github page. It's recommended you run the tool with --help for details on how to use the tool. In order to find hidden features, Mach2 needs to scan PDB files, otherwise known as Program Database files, which contain debug symbols for the Windows executables. The problem, though, is that these symbol files are not installed with Windows and you need to download them from Microsoft's Symbol Server.

A complete guide is available here.

Keep in mind that not all feature IDs can be found within Windows debugging symbols. Capstone is still needed in order to disassemble all hidden details.

Win 7 - 10 "Home" Group Policy Editor

The Home Editions doesn't official supporting the GPEDIT.MSC stuff, so here is how to add them back here's the link how or this.

In order to get RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) in Home Editions simply use rdpwrap.

File Encoding

All registry (.reg) files are UTF-16 w/o BOM (also called UCS-2 LE BOM) encoded, that's what Windows uses. The line ending is CRLF. Theoretically you can use UTF-16/UTF-8 with or without BOM but some people do have some problems and that's why I decided to go with the official MS Windows standards.

Project History

• 15.09.2018 Placeholder Logo added
  • 04.05.2018 Mach2 will be integrated into the GUI, until then I provide links to the project and an external guide how to find hidden Windows features in Insider Builds
  • 18.07.2017 GUI is done, some internal fixes before rolling out at the end of this year, some cleanups are necessary
  • 13.04.2017 Second and last GUI beta test
  • 26.01.2017 First beta GUI tests
  • 31.05.2016 First internal GUI tests
  • 01.09.2015 All tweaks are now in English.
  • 25.08.2015 Added some image creation tools which are able handle the registry tweaks.
  • 18.08.2015 Initial upload and first release.

ToDo

• Add Windows 'known Issue' Bug list(requested) (mid-prio)
  • Add new tweaks (high-prio)
  • Adapt or integrate Mach2 within the GUI (Work-in-Process WiP)
  • Sort all tweaks maybe via .html or .js parser to easier access them with e.g. a search function (like RSW?) (main-prio) in other words: GUI Client
  • Delete duplicates (high-prio)
  • Remove not working ones of course this needs some testers (high-prio)
  • Rename tweaks to english (some are in ger./ru.) (high-prio)
  • Fix reported problems (high-prio)
  • Add on/off toggles (registry/batch files) to revert all changes in case something goes wrong

Site: https://github.com
    Sharecode: /CHEF-KOCH/regtweaks/archive/master.zip

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mach1 said:

My brother as a new member you have limited reactions of 5 per day.

As you continue to contribute and grow more reactions will become available, You are already doing great work brother

keep going they way you are it wont take long, also you mite want to consider enabling your messages this will help others

who may have questions or advice that is more suited in a private message. 

Always remember brother we all have made mistakes that how we learn its never personal mistakes are forgotten               co-operation is never forgotten only appreciated.

yes brother you are absolutely correct .

Archived