CCleaner Observation/Explanation

uffbros

I first run CCleaner before doing a SuperAntiSpyware scan so all the cookies are wiped as SAS always finds many. I did this today and after running a SAS scan..guess what? It finds 199 cookies. Why didn't CCleaner wipe these? Anyone else notice this?

• Replies 4
  • Views 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't CCleaner wipe these?

Check ccleaner settings especially under "options" --> "advanced"

Is it only deleting stuff older than 24 hours??  If yes, then remove the checkmarks

The AchieVer
6 hours ago, uffbros said:

It finds 199 cookies. Why didn't CCleaner wipe these? Anyone else notice this?

Are these browser cookies?

If yes, which one - Firefox/chrome/IE/ Edge.

You could see the cookie settings:

Click on “Options.” On the CCleaner window, click on the “Options” button located at the left side of the screen to open the Options section.

Click on “Cookies.” Click to open the Cookies Management option.

Configure your cookies. Under Cookies Management, there are three actions that you can do by making a right-click on your selected cookies.

Regards 

I use Chrome Browser...By your instructions..my copy of CCleaner doesn't have anything that says cookie management..unless you mean options..cookies..then you have cookies on computer to left and cookies to keep on the right.  But I had them cleared out so all cookies should be removed from computer and it doesn't do that...199 during the SAS scan.

By default, my cookie settings had exclusions. I removed the google cookies from my exclusion list, but it had google.com, www.google.com, and accounts.google.com in the list before I removed them. Maybe SAS was deleting the google cookies that were excluded by default by CCleaner. Google owns the world at this point, so any site you visit is likely to put a google cookie on your PC...not to mention you're using Chrome, so the browser itself probably comes installed with google cookies. 😂

You could try this extension. It will give you a chance to whitelist cookies that you want to keep when you install it, then just enable the extension and the cookies that you didn't whitelist will be deleted. Cookies will continue to be automatically deleted 15 seconds--by default--after you close the tab for a site.

Archived