win 8.1 WMC

apgupta

Hi,

in the topic created by November_Rain   for win 8.1 with update he mentions default keys :

Full versions : 
Professional : XHQ8N...….
Professional WMC : GBFNG...….
Professional VL : GCRJD....
Professional VL WMC : 789NJ....

I knew about Professional retail version can be upgraded to WMC.But can Professional volume version be also upgraded to WMC  as the last 2 keys shows? Kindly help me as I'm confused . 

• Replies 5
  • Views 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. I've to remind you of the community Guidelines

Reminder for all participants:-->No visible keys are allowed. They must first be hosted then share-coded-->Remember to always share-code non official content.

Please edit your post and type down only the last 5 digits of the keys.

2. The Media Center add-on is not available for Volume License versions of Windows 8.

A Volume License version is considered a Business version and the Media Center is a Consumer only add-on.

"Add features" option is unavailable in volume license versions of Windows 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2793650/en-us

JohnnyBravo41

Doesn't appear that he understands your post, DR_ADHAM

looks like he edited his post, but didn't correct it

18 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:
  1. I've to remind you of the community Guidelines

Please edit your post and type down only the last 5 digits of the keys.

2. The Media Center add-on is not available for Volume License versions of Windows 8.

A Volume License version is considered a Business version and the Media Center is a Consumer only add-on.

"Add features" option is unavailable in volume license versions of Windows 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2793650/en-us

Sorry for the delay,DR_ADHAM but what does Professional VL WMC : 789NJ...    Key stands for? Does it suggest that Professional volume wmc key exists to upgrade either retail or volume version ? What is the difference between Professional WMC  key and Professional VL WMC  key ?

1 hour ago, apgupta said:

Sorry for the delay,DR_ADHAM but what does Professional VL WMC : 789NJ...    Key stands for? Does it suggest that Professional volume wmc key exists to upgrade either retail or volume version ? What is the difference between Professional WMC  key and Professional VL WMC  key ?

Retail ISOs of Windows can be activated with VL MAK keys,

But what I'm sure about is that the Media Center add-on is not available for Volume License versions of Windows 8.

Maybe you've to ask @november_ra1n about that !!

Archived