Can hwidgen be removed

fish2018

Hello,

This is my 1st post and I hope I'm posting it in the proper section.

I wanted to know please if the Hwidgen cativation be removed ?

Sometimes I install windows 10 pro "master image" that I can deploy to a new computer and want to enter a legit windows key for it, That's why i'm asking.

Thank you

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The digital activation is not embedded in the installation.  It relies on your machine code, etc. and communication with the MS Servers.  So, if you install your "Master Image" to another machine it will NOT be digitally activated, and you CAN use a legit Windows key.

19 hours ago, dhjohns said:

The digital activation is not embedded in the installation.  It relies on your machine code, etc. and communication with the MS Servers.  So, if you install your "Master Image" to another machine it will NOT be digitally activated, and you CAN use a legit Windows key.

But can it be removed? I want to remove it and use a product key instead because I found something really bad and googled it and found this:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/11/05/microsoft-store-remembers-app-history-for-local-users/

You do use a Microsoft Account don't you?  Clearly if you want your data to be tied to you, and NOT the machine you use a MS account.  In this way the MS account is MUCH more private than a local account.  You probably thought the opposite didn't you?  You would need to talk with @s1ave77 to see if it is removable.

40 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

You do use a Microsoft Account don't you?  Clearly if you want your data to be tied to you, and NOT the machine you use a MS account.  In this way the MS account is MUCH more private than a local account.  You probably thought the opposite didn't you?  You would need to talk with @s1ave77 to see if it is removable.

No, I use a local account.

Yeah, I didn't know at the time. If I tie an account now, would that transfer the control to me?

@s1ave77 Any comments?

2 hours ago, timi said:

No, I use a local account.

Yeah, I didn't know at the time. If I tie an account now, would that transfer the control to me?

@s1ave77 Any comments?

Not much. How MS handles that system is out of my hands.

Switching to an MS Account would enable you to manage and tranfer any system and/or store licenses. According to some comments on reddit only MS Support is able to delete any data.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:48 AM, timi said:

But can it be removed? I want to remove it and use a product key instead because I found something really bad and googled it and found this:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/11/05/microsoft-store-remembers-app-history-for-local-users/

this link might get you an answer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10547/microsoft-account-selling-gifting-windows-10-device-xbox-one

Archived