Are these numbers true about LTE in US?

Sylence

I was wondering what's the average LTE (or 4.5G) mobile Internet speed in U.S.

I came across this report: http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/

but the numbers are too low

Download: 27mb (megabit) and upload: 8mb (megabit).

in other words, Download: (27/8) : 3MB(megabyte) and upload: (8/8): 1MB (megabyte)

and I compare them to my own LTE speed in Iran and it's 14MB Megabyte (14*8= 112 megabit) Download and 2.4 MB (2.4*8 = 19 mb) Upload.

so the question is, are those numbers actually in Megabytes (MB) instead of mb (Megabits) ? what are your own experiences?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coromonadalix

You have software to test this on the cell phones or computers,   in some cases your network provider may throttle your speed.

Normally we speak in megabits per seconds (MBPS)

What is the difference between Mbps and MBps?

• Mbps means megabits per second. Mb is used in reference to download and upload speeds.
      • It takes 8 bits of data to equal 1 byte.
  • MBps stands for megabytes per second. MB is used in reference to file size, or the amount of data transferred.

Subtile differences  loll

6 hours ago, coromonadalix said:

You have software to test this on the cell phones or computers,   in some cases your network provider may throttle your speed.

• Mbps means megabits per second. Mb is used in reference to download and upload speeds.
  • MBps stands for megabytes per second. MB is used in reference to file size, or the amount of data transferred.

I know what they mean and that's the reason why i was surprised.

Mbps = mega bits per second

MBps = mega bytes per second

1024 bits is 1 byte

1024 bytes comes 1 MB (1 megabyte) 

and so on.

Mbps = bits comes 1024bits/second (1 byte) which is smaller than 1024bytes/second (1 mega byte "MBps")

did i ask for a lesson on MB mb? my posts somehow always attracts autism. the answer to my question is either yes or no, and if you're from US just a digit, nothing else. 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:06 AM, coromonadalix said:

On 10/23/2018 at 8:38 AM, satheeshsoft said:

Mbps = mega bits per second

MBps = mega bytes per second

1024 bits is 1 byte

1024 bytes comes 1 MB (1 megabyte) 

and so on.

Mbps = bits comes 1024bits/second (1 byte) which is smaller than 1024bytes/second (1 mega byte "MBps")

Completely off topic. He asks for pizza, you reply with sushi. WTF?

• 2 weeks later...

No usa telecom has ever told the truth about anything.  I'm in USA and my speed is 1-4 megabits per second.   I know what a bit and byte are as well lol.  This is a good topic and I especially am pained by this lying because I live across the USA digital divide in one of the many areas with no cable or fiber or dsl or any hard line. So I'm dependant on lte and can only get that speed on my phone, any Hotspot is speed capped. 

Yay freedom! 

10 hours ago, Soze said:

No usa telecom has ever told the truth about anything.  I'm in USA and my speed is 1-4 megabits per second.   I know what a bit and byte are as well lol.  This is a good topic and I especially am pained by this lying because I live across the USA digital divide in one of the many areas with no cable or fiber or dsl or any hard line. So I'm dependant on lte and can only get that speed on my phone, any Hotspot is speed capped. 

Yay freedom! 

wow that's really low, it's barely even 3G speed to be honest..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived