Win10 version 1809 'RTM,' build 17763, now expected to drop Oct. 2

Karlston

Putting together hints from various reliable sources, it now appears as if the next version of Windows — build 17763 — has been signed off on.

Yes, it’s like reading chicken entrails, but all of the chicks seem to be peeping in unison.

It now appears as if Win10 build 17763 — the one that’s currently available on the Windows Insider Fast and Slow rings — has been anointed the “RTM” version, in fact if not in name.

WZorNet, the presumably Russian person/group that leaked many builds of Windows many years ago, posted his/her/its/their official announcement on Sept. 23:

win10 1809 rtm wzorIDG

Snazzy graphics, as usual.

Frequent contributor Abbodi unearthed the latest version of WindowsUpdateBox — the program that’s been used to install the upgrade, going back to the ESD files in Win81, all the way up to the UUP files in Win10 1709 et seq.

win10 1809 rtm esd xmlIDG

The Details tab on the file properties dialog for the latest version of WindowsUpdateBox states, quite explicitly, that it is Product version 10.0.17763.1, modified Sept. 23.

windowsupdateboxIDG

Abbodi just put the final nail in the chicken entrails’ coffin. He found an ESD (= Electronic Software Download = upgrade) XML file that starts with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>=

<PublishedMedia id="2072" release="20181002 RS5 RTM WU">

<Files>

Which certainly points an accusing finger at the RTM version being distributed on Oct. 2.

Of course, if this RTM is anything like the last five, we’ll have additional cumulative updates that roll out right around the time the final version becomes available for download.

Thx, @abbodi86, @WZorNET, @gborn, @teroalhonen

Join us for artificial popcorn on the AskWoody Lounge.

Source: Win10 version 1809 'RTM,' build 17763, now expected to drop Oct. 2 (Computerworld - Woody Leonhard)

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello I have installed Windows 10 version 1809 but for some reason I'm opening cmd commands but I can't turn it off so I know the solution I have to restart my computer.

01.png

For those who can't wait...

How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now (Ghacks - Martin Brinkmann)

This poster suggests caution... and a pre-upgrade image backup with something like Macrium Reflect Free .

10 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Is this really bad?

Unknown. That's an unofficial release... of a yet-to-be-confirmed RTM... of an OS known to need several patches to fix RTM problems.

Personally, I'd avoid it on any important device, and restrict it to a VM, for now at least.

4 hours ago, SGN said:

hello I have installed Windows 10 version 1809 but for some reason I'm opening cmd commands but I can't turn it off so I know the solution I have to restart my computer.

What it means? Does Your computer freezes and nothing is not respondable or only cmd.exe is not responsdale?
If nothing not responds and computer freezes permanently and will not respond at all, then I recommend to reinstall and most of all, do clean install. 
Before check that Your computer settings are correct ie BIOS, UEFI, Fast Boot etc
This version works correctly and at least I have found till now no problems. Even any of such, what have been written here before.

21 minutes ago, Kalju said:

What it means? Does Your computer freezes and nothing is not respondable or only cmd.exe is not responsdale?
If nothing not responds and computer freezes permanently and will not respond at all, then I recommend to reinstall and most of all, do clean install. 
Before check that Your computer settings are correct ie BIOS, UEFI, Fast Boot etc
This version works correctly and at least I have found till now no problems. Even any of such, what have been written here before.

no clean my computer is working fine does not burn clean I just opened cmd.exe window but it freezes so it does not close so I have to restart the computer

Did You tried again after restart? And if, then what happened, worked correctly or all again freezes?

You should find the reason, it is in Your computer, because as I already said, this version works correctly and it shouldn't cause any kind of problems, it is one of the best versions during the last 3 years.

16 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Did You tried again after restart? And if, then what happened, worked correctly or all again freezes?

You should find the reason, it is in Your computer, because as I already said, this version works correctly and it shouldn't cause any kind of problems, it is one of the best versions during the last 3 years.

yes as you say windows works fine 1809 version is really great, but I'm opening a cmd window such as something I'm doing a good thing I'm doing fine, but when I want to close cmd.exe window after finishing work I don't seem to have any problem as if it's frozen

Archived