Change windows 10(1803) home to Pro

KUROKO

Change windows 10 home(1803)  to Pro(1803) 

Usually, use the product key for professional use.

Is there a way to change it with tools without using keys?

How can I change it as easily as possible?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A short and easy answer: the easiest way, enter the pro version key and Windows updates itself. If you used a generic key, you need to activate it after the update is done. No other options.

23 minutes ago, Kalju said:

A short and easy answer: the easiest way, enter the pro version key and Windows updates itself. If you used a generic key, you need to activate it after the update is done. No other options.

At V1803,

I used the following generic key.
 VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

However, I get an error.

It can not be used with this windows.
0x803FA067

Absolutely correct. With this generic key You can upgrade to pro version, but now You must activate with genuine pro key. Or use other methods.... I think You know them.

If You got the error before updating, then You must look what causes it. There may be very different reasons. Some simplest - Your current version is not OK, folder %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download may be full of junk, etc

7 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Absolutely correct. With this generic key You can upgrade to pro version, but now You must activate with genuine pro key. Or use other methods.... I think You know them.

Tks

but I doubt ,

----- This generic key You can upgrade to pro version, -----

How to get Pro key ?

----- Or use other methods.... I think You know them. -----

Show me other methods,
  I don't know them

There are different ways, the simplest is to buy. But everything depends on what computer it is ie came it already with preinstalled Windows 10 Home or was there something else. 
Was it upgraded from Win7/8/8.1 to Win19 or how the Windows 10 Home got into the computer. 
Also what kind of activation it is now (Retail/OEM) and what You want to get. 
There is also variant to uninstal everythin, then instal W7/8/8.1 and activate it and after that upgrade. 
So there is so many different ways, You must select what You want.

Forgot to say, even if You have genuine Pro key for W7/8/8.1 what is not still used for upgrading, also those keys can be used and of course You can use VL or Enterprise activation methods, if You know what and how should to do. 

Now you have to keep in mind that you should not log in with the Windows account where you have a Windows 10 Home digital license registered. You need to activate before and then you do not have no problem. If you log in earlier, more likely Microsoft turns your Pro again into the Home version.
If necessary, make a new account or activate it before, then you can do what you want.

6 hours ago, KUROKO said:

How can I change it as easily as possible?

Open the Start menu.
Search for Command Prompt.
Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
Type the following command using your 25-digit product key and press Enter:

changepk.exe /ProductKey VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

It will upgrade to Pro then you just have to activate.

Archived