Malwarebytes thinks KeyScrambler is harmful

HandyPAF

Apparently Malwarebytes thinks I shouldn't download KeyScrambler.

Browser: Slimjet 20.0.3.0 x64 (based on Chromium 68.0.3440.75)

Notice from:

Malwarebytes Browser Extension 1.0.28

I also have Malwarebytes Premium 3.6.1.2711 installed but it didn't alert me

uwYhMi.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sefton22 said:

with the MWB still in BETA, it could be a false positive, i don't use the extension as i find MWB flags up suspicious pages already

Yea, it flags a lot. I disabled it.

My browser recently started dropping downloads. Instead of warning me that a file is dangerous, it just fails after reaching 100%

I can't remember if this was happening before I installed Malwarebytes extension or not, but disabling that extension makes no difference. Browser even drops downloads that are legitimate.

To talk about Malwarebytes, it's been tremendously tricky with me. Once I register the premium with my genuine registered license key, it runs okay for a couple of days and all of a sudden, it reverts back to the free version the next day, and whole of my settings go messy.

MWB has some weird detections like some other AV's. Nothing unusual, but since I can see that you're a advanced member, I think you know what you're doing :D It even blocks some of my legit .exe files, so nothing to worry about. Legit user reported these problems more than enough as well, but not with the extension.

13 hours ago, rushdie said:

To talk about Malwarebytes, it's been tremendously tricky with me. Once I register the premium with my genuine registered license key, it runs okay for a couple of days and all of a sudden, it reverts back to the free version the next day, and whole of my settings go messy.

I've removed MWB, but I used the "never-expiring" license as well and it worked so far. You can try to perform a clean re-installation. If it doesn't work for you, check / switch the license.

4 hours ago, Venom said:

I've removed MWB, but I used the "never-expiring" license as well and it worked so far. You can try to perform a clean re-installation. If it doesn't work for you, check / switch the license. 

Mine is also a never-expiring license and I am having the problem with it. One moment, it's okay with the license, but at the next moment, it goes berserk.

Archived