Quick Heal finds over 180 million threats to Windows OS

steven36

Global Internet security firm Quick Heal Technologies has detected more than 180 million threats on desktops and laptops with Windows Operating System in India.

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/sp/6a3fdaedd9101ca69a2b7b12f2d66dbe/download2B2528112529.jpg

According to the quarterly threat report released by the firm on Wednesday, more than 2 million malware, 16,000 ransomware, 13,000 crypto-mining malware, 141,000 exploits, and 40,488 potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) and adware are detected on a daily basis.

“More than 18 crore threats were detected on Windows devices of individual and enterprise users between April and June 2018. May was the busiest month, with more than 74 million incidents detected, followed by April and June that witnessed 55 million and 51 million detections respectively,” a Quarterly Threat Report 2018 said.

“The absence of appropriate cybersecurity measures has also made users and businesses across India more vulnerable to emerging threats,” it further added.

Joint Managing Director and Chief Technology Officer, Sanjay Katkar said in a statement, "Cybercriminals are at a completely different level today than they were a few years ago. They are using novel technologies to drive increasingly-complex attacks and are targeting larger user bases."

"The latest threat report highlights this risk that individuals and businesses in India currently face with this evolution of the threat landscape," Katkar said.

The Trojan Horse families have registered a quarter-on-quarter growth of four percent in the second quarter of 2018 and remained the most dominant malware in this quarter also.

“Individual users and businesses across India need to understand the massive risk that they are exposed to at present. Ignorance is not a viable cybersecurity strategy. The need of the hour is to drive large-scale adoption of cutting-edge security solutions such as those offered by Quick Heal and Seqrite,” he said.

However, the rise of cryptojacking remains the biggest worry, as it is getting direct monetary benefits to cybercriminals.

“Cryptojacking attacks remain undetected for a long time and can often be used as a platform to launch other complex attacks…over 3 million cryptojacking hits were detected till May 2018, with the number of active mobile cryptojacking variants increasing to 25,” the report said.

Quick Heal Quarterly Threat Report, Q2 2018 PDF
http://www.quickheal.co.in/documents/threat-report/Quick-Heal-Quarterly-Threat-Report-Q2-2018.pdf

Source

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, loyal said:

I need Genuine review on Quick Heal . 

PCWorld  said Lots of interesting features don't quite make up for high price. I think its kind of expensive but they have a free 30 day trial  if your interested in testing it. If you looking for cheap security for your home you may be better off using something else .

Quick Heal Total Security is priced at $74 for one user for one year. If you need more protection than that, there’s also a multi-device option that costs an extra dollar ($75) to protect three devices for a single year. That is a really high price considering the industry standard is $100 to $110 to protect 10 devices for a year. There are also deluxe security suites with far more extra features than Quick Heal such as secure cloud backup and encrypted file vaults.

11 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

Most of this wouldn't be even happening if not for Capitalism. Still the wild west of Humanity folks..

If your not use to Capitalism by now you want never be because it's happening again all the Big Tech companies are inventing new snake oil  to protect voting systems from state  hackers when there is nothing that can really protect you from phishing. 

It was happening years before i came online and I came on all the time in 2001, i had messed around on it before ..  Before  it was mostly just  virus and spyware and companies cashed  in  even though most products could not prevent you from catching a virus.  it was not tell Microsoft patched holes in windows they got that under control  XP SP2  . And still they is holes in windows were virus still got by years after like External Blue. Since it switched from Virus to Malware there is no cure  they can patch all they want  but that will not stop it, so you install or use  some free  Anti-malware  that works on Windows and other OS and pray  they have the signatures to detect it . The only thing that could protect from virus  pre  XP sp2 was installing a good 3rd party firewall  because they was coming from a hole in windows firewall.

• Administrator

Please keep politics out of this guys.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, loyal said:

I need Genuine review on Quick Heal . 

I have not tried it on my PC, but on those I have seen, it's crap. While I understand the need to support the growth of a company trying to compete with the world, the guys are not good enough. Also, unlike their AV, their anti-fix methods are among the best in the world making it next to impossible for anyone to fix it. Had they invested all that time and money into the product itself rather than it's anti-fix protections, it would be leading the world out there.

thanks for review . I am not even  going to try it. But in India .........

13 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Please keep politics out of this guys.

I have not tried it on my PC, but on those I have seen, it's crap. While I understand the need to support the growth of a company trying to compete with the world, the guys are not good enough. Also, unlike their AV, their anti-fix methods are among the best in the world making it next to impossible for anyone to fix it. Had they invested all that time and money into the product itself rather than it's anti-fix protections, it would be leading the world out there.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, loyal said:

thanks for review . I am not even  going to try it. But in India .........

Yes I know. I have seen many custom PC makers buying a license for it and installing on their user's PCs. I have explained them how crap it is. They do not want to understand it.

There are not any good software manufacturers in the country, or else I would have said that well known companies should make AVs, but that's not possible as those companies are service based, not product based I think.

Wonder, but as much as I know the Quick Heal is Indian version of BitDefender. So why Indian version found and BitDefender itself didn't found nothing.
Even the beautiful lie is only lie.

40 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Wonder, but as much as I know the Quick Heal is Indian version of BitDefender. So why Indian version found and BitDefender itself didn't found nothing.
Even the beautiful lie is only lie.

Even if and antivirus  find something  like this for empale

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3306773/security/first-known-malicious-cryptomining-campaign-targeting-kodi-discovered.html

In my case it removed the malware right away  but it could not detect  script.module.python.requests  witch was  the malware downloader . So i blocked the url that was downloading it in my host only reason i got rid of  script.module.python.requests was that I clean installed Kodi and the infected addon got removed from the repo  in April  ..It took Eset  all most  a year after it been in the wild to post the info that script.module.python.requests was infected and caused it, and they didn't have signatures to remove script.module.python.requests ether  im not  sure about if  they have it now or not.

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2018/09/13/kodi-add-ons-launch-cryptomining-campaign/

So really you can't trust none of them only thing is 100% safe is stay offline . :tooth:

Archived