MKV files play with jerking in VLC Player

Dushyantsinh Chavda

Dushyantsinh Chavda

I use VLC [latest version] several years. But after some months VLC cannot play mkv files clearly. It run with zigzag, jerking. I reset all preferences, not worked, then I reinstalled latest version, not worked. I am surprised that other newcomer latest player (zoom player, km player, dvdfab media player etc. ) play mkv files, but VLC not run mkv files with clarity. This is only video problem, audio is clear. I cannot remember, but I think I face this problem after uninstall some codec (i guess, it is LAV player. But I am not sure.)

I googling on the net, but no one can solve this problem.

Any one have solution ?

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jayesh30202
4 minutes ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

I use VLC [latest version] several years. But after some months VLC cannot play mkv files clearly. It run with zigzag, jerking. I reset all preferences, not worked, then I reinstalled latest version, not worked. I am surprised that other newcomer latest player (zoom player, km player, dvdfab media player etc. ) play mkv files, but VLC not run mkv files with clarity. This is only video problem, audio is clear. I cannot remember, but I think I face this problem after uninstall some codec (i guess, it is LAV player. But I am not sure.)

Any one have solution ?

Install K-Lite Codec Pack and use the latest version of VLC

Dushyantsinh Chavda

Thanks Jayesh for quickest reply.

Now, I use zoom player, km player and last dvdfab media player. But this all have its own problems.

So, I hope your advice will worked for me [/ my system ! ? Note My system behave very ridiculous after my motherboard crashed. I am now use gigabyte motherboard for AMD processor : AMD Phenom II X2 550. My original motherboard was from ASUS which cannot repair after some components are damaged and technician said that components is not available because of its old generation. So I use gigabyte motherboard.  ]

Again, thank you very much Jayesh, in advanced.

I will work as your solution at morning and reply you soon  with smiled face !

Vlc does not use external codec packs.. It use its own.. So either it works. Or it doesn't 

Some newer vids esp those with hi10 and x265 may not play smoothly on you system... These need newer hardware to play

knowledge-Spammer

this is good topic  someone   asked me to test with a video named  Jennifer Lopez - Booty ft. Iggy Azalea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtIRArhVD4&list=RDnxtIRArhVD4&start_radio=1

but with vlc player it just not work right

so now i use   http://www.cccp-project.net/ when want to play mkv

jayesh30202
1 hour ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

Thanks Jayesh for quickest reply.

Now, I use zoom player, km player and last dvdfab media player. But this all have its own problems.

So, I hope your advice will worked for me [/ my system ! ? Note My system behave very ridiculous after my motherboard crashed. I am now use gigabyte motherboard for AMD processor : AMD Phenom II X2 550. My original motherboard was from ASUS which cannot repair after some components are damaged and technician said that components is not available because of its old generation. So I use gigabyte motherboard.  ]

Again, thank you very much Jayesh, in advanced.

I will work as your solution at morning and reply you soon  with smiled face !

Ditch the vlc player and use the MPC-HC player.

Combined Community Codec Pack

Download 64-bit CCCP Last updated 2015-10-18

MPC-HC player does not play youtube directy from the web 

you need something like 

There are several ways to play youtube video in MPC-HC, imho the best way is youtube-dl.
At the moment we can easily pipe info from youtube-dl and successfully play it but that comes with limitation of not being able to seek.

youtube-dl -q -o - youtube_url | "path\to\mpc-hc.exe" /play /close -

Ideal would be to somehow "tie" youtube-dl with MPC-HC, just like MPV is doing. That way we'd be able to call it like 

mpc-hc.exe youtube_url

and be done with it. Or even open it via File -> Open File... (CTRL+O)

If decided to proceed with this idea #3212 should be closed. (should be closed anyway since it's semi dead and it's AGPL)

knowledge-Spammer
18 minutes ago, rach said:

Forget it, it's outdated :D, MPC-HC alone should be enough.

if you want to download video from youtube, better to stick with WebM or MP4 format.

sometimes older programs is better then new  i use both

knowledge-Spammer
18 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtIRArhVD4&list=RDnxtIRArhVD4&start_radio=1

That video plays fine om my system and VLC 3 and Potplayer

for me if i download the song and play it with vlc player its bad  cant be watched 100%

see this its me trying to watch the video on vlc player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsa5aqc8ro&feature=youtu.be

14 minutes ago, knowledge said:

sometimes older programs is better then new  i use both

Yeah, use whatever you like and works for you :lol:

I recommend you to use PotPlayer, but sometimes the colors of the movies (4K) looks like washed out :S 

Dushyantsinh Chavda
8 hours ago, jayesh30202 said:

Ditch the vlc player and use the MPC-HC player.

Your suggestion is good, but I clear here that VLC player play all mkv files and no problem occur. But before last update of VLC this problem occur and  I amazing that why old vlc versions (which run mkv file smoothly and clarity) cannot work. So I finally only wants to know that this problem is VLC problem or my system problem ?

After all, VLC is my old companion of video and also audio. We watched lots movies and listen lots music.

I was a VLC user too... but since more than one year, a lots of videos couldn't be read on my laptop...

I try K-Lite Codec Pack... and no problem since.

Their guides are also so exhaustive !

PS: I have an old 840M graphic card and I use madvr rendering and CUVID decoder

5 hours ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

So I finally only wants to know that this problem is VLC problem or my system problem ?

If it happened only on certain file, especially new one, the problem could be from file that might not properly encoded. But, if it also happened to video you used to watch, then problem could be from VLC, especially the settings. What I can think right now is that it disabled hardware acceleration decoding by default but since version 3, it is enabled by default. So try change this setting.

for the same x265 video that crashed my VLC v3.0.3 everytime I played it, MPC-HC v1.7.13 seemed to perform better by playing it without such problem

however, as suggested by @rachdisabling Hardware-accelerated decoding in VLC solved this problem for me

This VLC SUCKS now.. old version was better..all these new updates are not so stable... just use MPC or even WMP they play mkv files better. (need to install klite codec pack)

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

Any one have solution ?

maybe the bug is not in VLC but is in your video driver, so make sure your video driver is updated to the last stable version from its official website.

On 7/4/2018 at 6:30 AM, truemate said:

This VLC SUCKS now.. old version was better..all these new updates are not so stable... just use MPC or even WMP they play mkv files better. (need to install klite codec pack)

Totally agree with you :( my "TrueMate" jaja ... VLC is getting worse :S The bugtracker they post for the public was a joke :S Because there are big bugs.  I use MPC-HC and it's great !

Archived