Punkt preparing to launch 4G MP02 phone that uses BlackBerry's security technology

Matrix

Punkt

Back in March, BlackBerry signed a new licensing deal with Swiss consumer electronics maker, Punkt Tronics AG, known for their minimalist mobile phone, the MP01. At the time of the announcement, it wasn't apparent how they would be making use of BlackBerry technology, but new info on the Punkt site shows they have a 4G LTE phone coming that is secured by BlackBerry.

Simply named MP02, Punkt's information about the phone is kept to a minimum (totally on brand) as they're not quite ready to highlight all the details, but they do note that the MP02 will be a different device from what their current customers are used to. Newer features to the Punkt line, aside from 4G, include HotSpot, a bigger display and keyboard, and more..

Where BlackBerry comes in is covered under the security information, naturally. As the Punkt MP02 is a more advanced phone, Punkt highlights the partnership with BlackBerry.

At this point, there doesn't seem to be any photos of the new device. Instead, Punkt wants you to sign up for their newsletter to learn more when they're ready to announce it but I have to say, it certainly does sound intriguing. There's so much more I want to know now. Needless to say, I signed up.

source

• Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived