Trump directs DOD to establish a Space Force in a surprise announcement today

steven36

‘We are going to have the Air Force and we’re going to have the Space Force, separate but equal’

https://s7d6.turboimg.net/sp/19be6364dc529e98910f4470b1f47ce6/2471000_0.jpg

President Donald Trump directed the Department of Defense and the Pentagon to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the Armed Forces in a meeting with the National Space Council today.

“We are going to have the Air Force and we’re going to have the Space Force, separate but equal. It is going to be something, so important,” President Trump said.

The announcement came as a surprise in a meeting where the newly revived National Space Council was set to unveil the first comprehensive policy on space traffic management. Trump first proposed the idea of a Space Force in March 2018 — contradicting Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ opposition to creating a new military service.

Source

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

he said that sometime ago i think  old video

new video

trump say little lie but ok he mean well

There are people blaming Trump about "militarizing" Cosmos. Nothing new, actually!. He is just following the trend. Since the first Sputniks, Mercuries, and don't know how to be called space artifacts, launched by USA, URRS, Russia, China, Europe, France, India etc most of them have military-related functions, some of them so secret that not even the name of the satelite had been informed. By the way, do you remember Reagan's Star War project?

49 minutes ago, Alcala said:

He's kidding, right?

No, he is not! Trump is not the practical joker kind!

We need to protect ourselves from Klingons, Romulans, and the Ferengi!

1 minute ago, dhjohns said:

We need to protect ourselves from Klingons, Romulans, and the Ferengi!

You forgot little green Marsians.  ?

12 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

You forgot little green Marsians.  ?

Not only did I forget the Martians, but I forgot the BORG!

Space Force; Space Force da da da... Space force, I love Space Force. I' starting to like that song ?

Archived