‘Star Wars:’ A Boba Fett Movie Is in the Works

steven36

Boba Fett is getting his own spinoff.

https://s7d6.turboimg.net/sp/29ae58bf437ce894021102e4931ad718/boba-fett-movie.jpg

Disney is developing a “Star Wars” standalone movie centered on the bounty hunter Boba Fett from “Logan” director James Mangold, Variety has learned from several sources.

Simon Kinberg, best known as a writer-producer on the “X-Men” movies, will collaborate with Mangold on the Bobba Fett movie as a co-writer and producer.

The untitled movie will be a part of the studio’s Star Wars Anthology films, which are being spun off as origin stories. The first anthology film was 2016’s “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” followed by “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” starring Alden Ehrenreich as a young Han Solo. “Solo” began opening in previews on Thursday night in North America, with forecasts of an debut weekend of $130 million to $150 million.

Variety first reported in August that Disney and Lucasfilm were in development on a spinoff movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, with Stephen Daldry in negotiations to direct.

Boba Fett debuted in 1980’s “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back” and re-appeared in 1983’s “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi” as a mercenary for the Galactic Empire. Jeremy Bulloch played the character in the two movies and Jason Wingreen provided Fett’s voice.

Mangold directed and co-wrote “Logan,” which Kinberg produced, last year. The “X-Men” standalone movie received an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay.

Mangold’s other directing credits include “Walk the Line,” “Knight and Day,” and the Western “3:10 to Yuma.” He is in pre-production on an untitled Ford vs Ferrari drama for Fox starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale.

Mangold is repped by WME, Management 360, and Sloane Offer. Kinberg is repped by CAA. Reps for Disney and Lucasfilm had no comment.

Hollywood Reporter first broke the news.

Source

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my little brothers and sisters to see the first Star Wars movie way back in the 20th century. They loved it but I thought it was just ok. I've seen all the follow ups (The Empire Strikes Back, Return of The Jedi etc) up to Rogue One A Star Wars Story, and again I found them at best ok and at worst boring (The Clone Wars etc). I could never understand why they attracted such fervor and excitement....and I  especially love Science Fiction movies. But like the saying goes "different strokes for different folks":D:D:D

My Sci.Fi favorites (in no particular order)

1) The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

2) Alien (1979)

3) Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977)

4) Interstellar (2014)

5) Terminator 2 (1991)

7) Forbidden Planet (1956)

8) Predator (1987)

9) The Man From Earth (2007)

10) Planet Of The Apes (1968)

1. Why care for origin stories of dead characters? Didn't the Prequels  do enough character building for Boba Fett?

2. What next A Greedo Origin Movie?

2. Wasn't LOGAN a flop?

• 1 month later...

Archived