Yet another bunch of Microsoft Surfaces don’t work with Win10 version 1803

Karlston

If you shelled out $3,000 to $4,500 for a Surface Studio, you may be a bit disconcerted to discover that many don’t work with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803. Mice and keyboards keep disconnecting.

surface windows 10 timeline
Gordon Ung/Rob Schultz/IDG

Microsoft made Windows 10 version 1803 available for download - and pushed to “seekers” - on April 30. It started sending the OS out to the unprotected masses on May 8. Shortly after, we started hearing complaints from Surface Pro (2017) owners that the upgrade to 1803 froze their machines. By May 11, we figured out that Surface Pro (2017) hardware with Intel SSD6 solid state drives were failing because, somehow, somebody at Microsoft forgot to test them.

In a case of deja vu, it now looks like the version 1803 upgrade is failing on at least some of those expensive Microsoft Surface Studio all-in-ones.

ChrisCork posted on the Microsoft Answers forum:

Has anyone else experienced the mouse keep disconnecting on their Surface Studio since the April 2018 update? It's so annoying. If I touch the screen when it happens a few seconds later it comes back. Does Microsoft not test their premium devices with new updates or something?!

Many Surface Studio users have chimed in with similar experiences. David Bader posts:

I have also noticed that when the mouse stops working, the keyboard also stops working, but like you stated, if you touch the screen, the mouse and keyboard start working again.

David Bader, a “Microsoft Agent,” appended this to a post:

We are currently working on a solution that will be provided in a future Windows Update. Please continue to check for Surface and Windows Updates to ensure your device has the most current firmware and software available.

That’s a great thing to tell someone who’s shelled out a premium price for a Surface Pro, and wants to upgrade to the latest flagship version of Windows.

Poster Marius has a different (possibly related?) problem:

When I paring an Fitbit Ionic the Bluetooth was completely away. Only with a restart I can work and the paring of Ionic i must disconnect the Ionic. In the Log I seen an entry "Low Energy" was not supported.

I have to ask: Is anybody at Microsoft testing this stuff?

Thx Bogdan Poppa at Softpedia.

Don’t you just LOVE your Surface Studio? Join us on the AskWoody Lounge.

Source: Yet another bunch of Microsoft Surfaces don’t work with Win10 version 1803 (Computerworld - Woody Leonhard)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
straycat19

What a joke Microsoft is.  Apple makes their OS work for machines that are up to 8 years old, which gives them a nice longevity for the investment.  Microsoft can't even make their OS work with a 1 year old machine.  If there was ever a reason to move to LInux, Windows 10 is it.

Usually, there are two types of people

1. those who know what they want and then do it,... and it works
  2. those who are trying to do something and then look, what comes out or what happens

Microsoft belongs to this second category. They try and try, but nothing works because they don't know, what they want or what they do.

teooria_ja_praktika.jpg

On 21/5/2018 at 5:20 PM, straycat19 said:

What a joke Microsoft is...

A very BAD one. ;)

The Windows 10 road has been a slippery  one...

Again :( .... I don't know what happen with Microsoft and its FLAGSHIT (flagship) Windows 10 :( 

Archived