Rusty

Anyone else here subscribe to SligTV? I like it but hangs on commercials way too much for me. Anyone else? Maybe you have found a fix? Their support offers no viable solutions for me. Maybe I try Hulu next? :dunno:

• Replies 3
  • Views 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trying Hulu now, wow, what a difference. Ive it on all day and not one hang or buffer. Only thing is no AMC, this might be a deal breaker for me. I called their support and they told me no AMC in the near future for sure. :(

LeetPirate
On 5/20/2018 at 5:16 PM, Rusty said:

Anyone else here subscribe to SligTV? I like it but hangs on commercials way too much for me. Anyone else? Maybe you have found a fix? Their support offers no viable solutions for me. Maybe I try Hulu next? :dunno:

On what platform are you using the service? Sling works well on roku and firetv, sometimes it will crash if the service is down but this does not happen often, maybe once or twice per year. It's an IPTV version of live TV so yes there are ads. Hulu is stupid, always they never have all the episodes in a series so you can't decide to start watching a new show because chances are season 1 episode 5 is missing and season 2 episode 3 is missing and so it goes.

It could be your ISP is throttling your internet, for example I have noticed that even on fiber connection, Netflix takes longer to get to HD quality on AT&T and Verizon but on good old Comcast cable it works fine.

The best deal if you want a live TV service is to take AT&T internet service and then you can get DirecTV Now at a discounted rate, there are conditions obviously which you can call them to find out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 4:50 AM, LeetPirate said:

Sling works well on roku and firetv

I bought a Roku Express and SlingTV is now very nice for me! You was also right about Hulu. :)  Roku has a bunch of free stuff (channels) to watch too.

Archived