ASUS announces the ZenBook Pro 15 for "pure, unadulterated power"

KRS

A2yDa9M.jpg

ASUS announced the ZenBook Pro 15 today, aiming to combine "pure, unadulterated power" with portability. The laptop includes Intel's new 45W H-series processors, which are hexa-core, and the ZenBook goes up to a Core i9. It also includes an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 in a body that's just 18.9mm thick and weighs in at 1.86kg.

This type of a laptop is somewhat rare, and the only mainstream device that really competes with it is the new Dell XPS 15. For the most part, Intel's H-series processors are found in gaming laptops and mobile workstations.

Along with a 15.6-inch 4K display with narrow bezels, there's no shortage of ports. It comes with two Thunderbolt 3 ports, which each provide 40Gbps data transfer speeds. Off of a single Thunderbolt 3 port, a user could attach two 4K monitors or a single 5K monitor. There are also two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports, which each support data transfer of 10Gbps. You'll also find HDMI, and a micro-SD card slot.

ASUS is promising up to 9.5 hours of battery life from the 71Wh battery, and the company says that you'll be able to charge it to 60% in just 49 minutes.

The firm hasn't announced pricing or availability yet, but that should be coming soon.

Source details 

< Clic here >

• Replies 3
  • Views 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see a new laptop come out with a screen that isn't dominated by large bezel's on the bottom and ridiculous branding labels. Every company it seems is doing it these days

"it features an incredibly thin bezel along all four edges of the screen."
...pfft riiiiiiiiggggghhhht :rolleyes:

Eh. I can't see this thing not overheating either.

At least the WEBCAM is on the TOP LIP unlike 

the dumb idea  putting it on the bottom lip as in Dell XPS 13 

3 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

At least the WEBCAM is on the TOP LIP unlike 

the dumb idea  putting it on the bottom lip as in Dell XPS 13 

Absolutely agree! Changing things for sake of being different and hoping for the best.
I've never used a laptop with a cam on the bottom but I have seen them and honestly wonder if it gets more hands typing than anything else.
Dell's new keylogger. :P

Archived