A New Mexico man sentenced to 15 Years in jail for DDoS Attacks and possession of firearms

steven36

A New Mexico man admitted being responsible for DDoS attacks against the websites of former employers, business competitors, and public services.

John Kelsey Gammell, 55, from New Mexico has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for launching distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks on dozens of organizations and for firearms-related charges.

The man used popular ‘services of “DDoS-for-hire” companies to power DDoS attacks against its victims,  cyberattacks, including VDoS, CStress, Inboot, Booter.xyz, and IPStresser.

The list of the victims is long and include business competitors, former employers, law enforcement agencies, courts, banks, telecoms companies, and firms that refused to hire him.

The man used VPN services to hide his identity and cryptocurrency for his payments, but he was identified due to a poor ops sec. The man sent emails to the victims while they were under DDoS attacks and proposed his services to mitigate the problems. The mails were sent from Gmail and Yahoo accounts he accessed from his home without masquerading his real IP address.

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/sp/8334063b24f75c0c507b31e15f1b9fab/Lizard-Stresser-2.jpg

The man initially rejected a plea deal, but in January he pleaded guilty to commit intentional damage to a protected computer, admitting to launching DDoS attacks on websites in the United States in the period between July 2015 and March 2017. He also pleaded guilty to two counts of being a felon-in-possession of firearms and ammunition.

The man was condemned to 180-month in jail and will have to compensate the victims of his DDoS attacks, the overall amount will be determined soon.

Source

• Replies 4
  • Views 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

bit much no ?15 Years in jail for DDoS Attacks

if someone hit me with a DDos attack ,I'd want him shot never mind  15 years

but the major of the time was probably from the gun charges anyway

35 minutes ago, bigcid10 said:

if someone hit me with a DDos attack ,I'd want him shot never mind  15 years

but the major of the time was probably from the gun charges anyway

My friend Ronnie  is a felon and he only got 3 years for having a gun. It just depends on the state.

punishments for a possession of firearm may range from two years to ten years.

DDOS punishment USA

DDoS attacks are almost certainly against the law, with a maximum punishment of ten years in prison. One merely needs to act with the intention of taking down a website, however temporarily for the law to apply. Even distributing tools to use in DDoS attacks can be an offence

So if they  really wanted to trow the book at him they would have gave him 20 years.

I knew one guy who was not a felon stole a gun and got off with nothing but a one  year of probation . And he didn't learn so he kept stealing  then latter on  he pulled 3 years for stealing  then he got out and got mad and shot at someones house and he was then a felon and he only got 3 more years for shooting at the house .

:lol:

Archived