Apple G5

Zeus_Hunt

• Replies 12
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, the G5 is an awsome processor. You can actually emulate the G5 processor inside your windows pc and run a virtual machine of apple os x. (I think)

you can emulate anything on anything, with the proper know how. hell, they have N64 emulaters for XBox :rofl:

any ways, those proccessors sound sweet. "offering a staggering 21.6-GBps", that thing could proccess my entire HDD in like 5 seconds :(

you can emulate anything on anything, with the proper know how. hell, they have N64 emulaters for XBox :D

any ways, those proccessors sound sweet. "offering a staggering 21.6-GBps", that thing could proccess my entire HDD in like 5 seconds :)

:D wow thats some chip.... but hey i am sure Bill G. will copy the technology market it better and outsell apple and ibm by a billion% even though he will have a far inferior product :blink: Isn't it nice know some things will never change :)

The better buisness man always wins.

Anyways, if apple was smart, they'd get off their stingy asses and market the G5 to windows computers, instead of just keeping it for Macs. They'll make a lot more money that way and potentially wipe Intel and AMD off the face of the Earth.

But they wont, cuz they're idiots. Oh well.

Cool Beans

Zeus_Hunt

Think about the way a system would run with such a smooth pulsating power... :angry:

Games running with such huge bandwidths smooth.... :o

As of now M$ has not entered into processors.....

But with $7 Billion research spendings, GOD knows what all they can come up with....

May be some day :huh:

But they sure would require a huge investment to get into Processors though <_>

since when has Bill G ever done anything original...he has ripped off everything he has done ...albeit slight changes... he coppied the mac system and called it windows....he coppied or aquired just about all of that companies sucesses. yes he knew how to market when apple was in the stone age about marketing.

Guest Negi

dual xeons OWN dual g5s. Hell, a single a64 3200+ processes information with about the same bandwidth. What you're reading is all hype.

• 2 weeks later...

I have in the newspapers that APPLE was working/negotiating with Intel for microprocessors.

Now this is a huge threat to IBM....

I wonder what the world would come to when someday we would see mac7 with Intel Pentium 6 and Longhorn on it ;)

a mac with never come with windows, unless specially ordered. they hate BG too much to switch over ;)

meh, MACs are better for multimedia design, windows sucks at displaying images, etc. ;)

since when has Bill G ever done anything original...he has ripped off everything he has done ...albeit slight changes... he coppied the mac system and called it windows....he coppied or aquired  just about  all of that companies sucesses. yes he knew how to market when apple was in the stone age about marketing.

duh, even Word was copied from Word Perfect. ;)

But you gotta admire his style. He knows his marketing and has all his bases covered.

Switching to a producer that serves 80% of the total active computing systems would have caused Apple and all its users a lot of technological problems.
However, once the rumors started to circulate, Apple stock value has increased with almost 6%, amounting to $39.76. The investors’ enthusiasm is explained by their hope that Apple will propose cheaper systems leading to a sales increase.
Editor-in-chief of Microprocessor Report’s newsletter, Kevin Krewell, claims all these rumors were launched by Apple itself, to determine IBM to improve their shipping system, the Apple’s delays caused by IBM’s problems being well known. Maybe in this way, IBM will find the solution to include a G5 PowerPC processor in a mobile system, a performance that hasn’t been achieved yet due to the overheating problems and of the excessive power consumption.

Atleast Apple is happy :rolleyes:

Archived