You won’t believe why the Win7 Monthly Rollup, KB 4093118, keeps installing itself | Computerworld

jabrwky

Here's the source: You won’t believe why the Win7 Monthly Rollup, KB 4093118, keeps installing itself | Computerworld

My Win7 Ult. got in an endless update cycle of re-installing KB 4093118.

The solution was to run

wusa /uninstall /kb:4093113 /quiet

in an elevated command. Hope this helps someone with this nuisance problem.

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They , MS, are forcing you to Win10...............!         :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

They , MS, are forcing you to Win10...............!         :rolleyes:

No they aren't, they are just trying to screw up Windows 7 as bad as they have Windows 10.  I haven't installed any updates since they started adding telemetry to Windows 7 and 8.1.  My systems are stable and secure.  If you run Windows 10 or Microsoft updates then you get everything you deserve for being so damn stupid. As mean as that may sound it is the truth.

I may be a noob but I'm a decisive noob. I have updates switched off and this latest (of many) Microsoft cock-ups just reinforces my stance.

I rely on:-

1) ESET, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Malwarebytes Anti Exploit, and still have SpywareBlaster installed (maybe unnecessarily). 

2) Common sense practices like for example I don't visit "dodgy" sites or gaming sites or click on suspicious links, or emails.

I know it's not foolproof, nothing is impenetrable...but at least it's better than following the advice of "experts" and getting all these problems caused by updates which are a severe inconvenience at least and a mini disaster for folk with little computer savvy. I ran Win XP for 15 years and only once had a virus and that was in the first year and was down to my lack of experience while surfing. Once bitten twice shy!!:D:D:D

knowledge-Spammer

not this time for me last time it take much of my data but not this time as i removed windows 10

and use windows 7 again is much better now  plus  i never look for updates now as it  hurt to much  :)no good MS

On 20/04/2018 at 8:40 PM, funkyy said:

I may be a noob but I'm a decisive noob. I have updates switched off and this latest (of many) Microsoft cock-ups just reinforces my stance.

I rely on:-

1) ESET, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Malwarebytes Anti Exploit, and still have SpywareBlaster installed (maybe unnecessarily). 

2) Common sense practices like for example I don't visit "dodgy" sites or gaming sites or click on suspicious links, or emails.

I know it's not foolproof, nothing is impenetrable...but at least it's better than following the advice of "experts" and getting all these problems caused by updates which are a severe inconvenience at least and a mini disaster for folk with little computer savvy. I ran Win XP for 15 years and only once had a virus and that was in the first year and was down to my lack of experience while surfing. Once bitten twice shy!!:D:D:D

Anti Malware & Anti Exploit are now integrated into one product

"Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Is now part of the premium version of Malwarebytes, your complete defence against advanced threats."

5adc4c0758460_ClipboardImage.thumb.png.670cf90c80f5832ba0817a9be0406636.png

@sefton22, I didn't know that...I've been using Malwarebytes Corporate version for quite a while and it works fine.:D:D:D

Archived