ROM Image is not loaded

Knightmare

My cousin came over today because he was getting the black screen of death after a Windows 10 update. When he came over, I attempted to do a startup repair with AIO SRT but the repair did not fix the issue. He said he didn't mind if we wiped the drive, so I did a clean install of Windows 10 with a flash drive he had that came with the computer. Of course, I deleted all of the partitions on the system so that Windows would just install on that one partition. I assumed that it would create any other partitions that it needed. I tested the system before he left and did a few reboots with no issue. When he got home, he sent me a text with the attached picture:

VPjZfky.jpg

I had him reset the bios settings but he's stating that he's getting the same issue.

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/rom-image-is-not-loaded-rom-image-update-denied/4f827b25-88d8-4a0f-b9d8-f921cba4de53

If you have already reinstalled Windows 10 on your computer, this will completely delete all files or software on your PC. Since the issue persists, this means that the issue is not being caused by an application or a file on your PC. For us to assist you, we highly recommend that you contact the OEM of your computer. This is for them to verify if there's an issue with the BIOS of your computer or if there's an issue with your motherboard.

or

MSI forum Answers:

If the system can’t boot to OS, you should check the [SATA mode selection] and [Boot mode] selection in BIOS and select the suitable settings for your current system.

or

Hi! The step is booting up ->see msi logo and keep pressing del (not holding)->hit flash bios->auto restart and show up the bios menu again->asking you to continue ->flashing bios success
->booting up again ->see msi logo and keep pressing del l (not holding)>hit flash bios->auto restart and show up the bios menu again->asking you to continue ->flashing bios success

If you can't enter bios menu when you at the second bios update, you can try to remove all storage device (like SSD and HDD) to  force into bios menu.

@Knightmare Specify motherboard details to get suitable solutions that work for ur cousin.

Archived