Microphone Not Working

Knightmare

I wish I had more information but I just noticed it today when I went to share a Snapchat to a friend. The playback didn't play any audio. I then went to my camera app and recorded a test video and it doesn't playback audio. I don't know if GBoard has anything to do with the microphone, but I have it disabled because I'm using SwiftKey Keyboard. GBoard was crashing constantly so I was forced to switch. I called my boss today while I was at work and he could hear me. The last video that I recorded was on Sunday during Easter and it has audio. I'm using a Droid Mini, OS KitKat 4.4.4. Any sort of troubleshooting questions are welcomed. :D

back up data from your phone and try factory reset. if its a rom issue it can be corrected by either reinstalling ROM or by Factory Reset.

if its a hardware (microphone )issue then u know ..replace

11 hours ago, kingviking said:

back up data from your phone and try factory reset. if its a rom issue it can be corrected by either reinstalling ROM or by Factory Reset.

if its a hardware (microphone )issue then u know ..replace

How do you reinstall the ROM? Do you know of any app that would backup my data fully?

1 hour ago, gingerbread80 said:

I agree with 0bin, Titanium backup is the way to go. But if you are new to this, then try Wondershare MobileTrans. Link

I'll have to try the MobileTrans.

2 hours ago, 0bin said:

Titanium Backup, need root. 

Best app for me.

My phone can't be rooted :(

• Administrator

Did you check for microphone permissions there.

gingerbread80
27 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Did you check for microphone permissions there.

Not familiar with KitKat 4.4.4, but are the permissions individually selectable like 7 or later?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, gingerbread80 said:

Not familiar with KitKat 4.4.4, but are the permissions individually selectable like 7 or later?

I believe the permissions page did exist then. One needed to open it and find microphone option and enable / disable the apps for it.

22 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I'm using a Droid Mini, OS KitKat 4.4.4.

7 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I'll have to try the MobileTrans.

My phone can't be rooted :(

If by Droid Mini, you mean the Motorola one — checkout the following link:—

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45598648#post45598648

The best which backup one can create, is a full nandroid backup by booting into the recovery.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Knightmare said:

How do you reinstall the ROM? Do you know of any app that would backup my data fully?

try this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts to backup you can get pro version too easily just google.

USE this link to root your phone https://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-ultra/general/droid-mini-maxx-ultra-root-pogress-100-t3071609

check here to download ROM   https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764487

for other help related to your android check this xda thread. https://forum.xda-developers.com/motorola-droid

Edited by kingviking
missed something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was such that the microphone refused, only the loudspeaker communication worked, it was decided to connect the headphones with the microphone and then just pull the headphones out of the socket!

Are there an apps that if disabled would cause the mic not to work?

Probably the opposite,  apps may wreck havoc on your system if installed

Try uninstalling all previously installed apps 1 by 1 from newest to oldest until the mic problem is resolved ...

Could be some new app is hogging the microphone..

FULL BACKUP CANNOT BE DONE WITHOUT ROOT.. 

Just do a factory reset hopefully google will restore your app settings. (if you enabled that from the start)

Best way is just backup whatever you can to your cloud storage .. 

Edited by teodz1984