Windscribe's easter egg

Rekkio

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freeforever03

That is very funny. These guys have a good sense of humor. They also provided another Easter surprise. When I installed the latest version of Windscribe (1.81) and tried to use it, all of my anti-ransomware programs  went crazy (100% CPU usage). The anti-ransomware programs I am using are: Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware,  and Cybereason Anti-Ransomware. Also Avast was unhappy as well as Acronis True Image protection. It is important to note that this problem did not occur with Windscribe 1.80. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Happy Easter.

11 minutes ago, freeforever03 said:

That is very funny. These guys have a good sense of humor. They also provided another Easter surprise. When I installed the latest version of Windscribe (1.81) and tried to use it, all of my anti-ransomware programs  went crazy (100% CPU usage). The anti-ransomware programs I am using are: Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware,  and Cybereason Anti-Ransomware. Also Avast was unhappy as well as Acronis True Image protection. It is important to note that this problem did not occur with Windscribe 1.80. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Happy Easter.

It's very unlikely that Windscribe would ever play with customers' Antivirus softwares, also the installers and binaries are digitally signed.

The OpenVPN driver / Windscribe software probably got caught in a 'loop' after your Anti-Ransomware hooked it (this happened a lot with Dr.Web Security Space 11)

Apps that don't like to be hooked tend to go crazy when your AV dissects them.

Have you tried adding Windscribe to your security exceptions / temporarily disabling your AV solution ?

5 hours ago, Rekkio said:

Windscribe.png

Try changing language to EN(NSFW) in options :D ... & Enjoy

I just updated Windscribe to latest version (1.81 Build 42). It works as it should.

Perhaps, that's because I never use all those anti-ramfuc**ware programs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/4/2018 at 2:51 PM, miss_p1nky said:

File can't be displayed :( I want to see...

I updated the link

• 2 months later...

Archived