How to contribute to forums?

Fame

I have been here for sometime and want to contribute to the forum as member but not sure as I don't have expertise . How can I make contributions to the forum? I see some guys keep posting about tech/software stuff or general news from internet. Does that count as contribution, can I do that?

• Replies 8
  • Views 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Fame

thanks for asking, I think you are the first member how did that :thumbsup:. Helping other users count as contribution where the way should not be important. You can post whatever you think it hast relevance to the forum

12 hours ago, Fame said:

I have been here for sometime and want to contribute to the forum as member but not sure as I don't have expertise . How can I make contributions to the forum? I see some guys keep posting about tech/software stuff or general news from internet. Does that count as contribution, can I do that?

Contributing is easy, think of a forum as a place to have a conversation, except in writing instead of speaking.

• If you see a topic you know something about, you can reply and share your expertise or past experience.
  • If you solved a technical issue involving software or hardware in your real life and you want to share the solution with others, you can make a topic to share or post to an existing topic if one exists for the technical issue.
  • If you want to write a guide on how to solve an issue with a software/hardware there is a section for guides and tutorials.
  • Yes, you can repost news of relevant topics to the forums.
  • If you see a topic of news already posted and you have an opinion to share you can reply to the topic and share your opinion or past experience.

The most important thing that applies to posting anything is that plagiarism is not cool, so always include the source of your news or articles. You don't need to go as far as posting a reference list in APA or Chicago format, a simple link back to the source is adequate. If you post a software for download then remember to identify the author/publisher. Lastly be aware that this is a public forum and even if you follow all the rules you have to be prepared to encounter trolls and douchebags who cause trouble and bully people on the Internet to compensate for their lack of purpose in real life. If that happens, use the report button and we will investigate.

I am new and I saw a lot of people posting news articles. What is allowed and not allowed? Do you link back to original news?

21 minutes ago, saner827 said:

I am new and I saw a lot of people posting news articles. What is allowed and not allowed? Do you link back to original news?

- All covered in our forums rules and guidelines : Community Guidelines - Updated Community Guidelines

- Linking back to original source and/or credits is clearly explained in the post above your question (Link to source is mandatory in all news sections)

5 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

- All covered in our forums rules and guidelines : Community Guidelines - Updated Community Guidelines

- Linking back to original source and/or credits is clearly explained in the post above your question (Link to source is mandatory in all news sections)

Thanks. If articles have images and videos, how are images and video posted?  

15 minutes ago, saner827 said:

Thanks. If articles have images and videos, how are images and video posted?  

We prefer you don't hotlink content unless you have no other choice

Whenever possible, upload your images to a free pic host (imgur, postimage, tinypic....)

Right-click on the uploaded pic and select "copy link address" or "Copy URL" (not "copy image")

Back to your post here, right-click into it and select "paste"

Same procedure to add videos (bypass uploading step unless you want to post a video you made yourself)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived