NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 391.35

anuraag

This is the latest WHQL driver for NVIDIA GeForce GPUs as well as TITAN desktop GPUs. NVIDIA GeForce drivers stand for compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. Updating your drivers ensures the best experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates for your NVIDIA product. Users of cards not supported in this release will find the latest drivers available for their card on the Download Page.

Thanks to SalaR for the update.

Download

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually like to keep my nVidia drivers reasonably up to date, but I've been having a few issues with the  39x.xx series.. First, YouTube videos stutter a bit with higher resolutions when things get a bit busy (with crowds of people etc). Second, Daum PotPlayer momentarily freezes my mouse while loading videos of almost all sizes, eg - 20mb to 4 or 5 Gb,, but especially so with the larger ones.. Neither of these problems happens when I use 38x.xx drivers, which I have gone back to. Even though I'd like to, I am reluctant to try this - so tempting though. I download though, just for the heck of it. Thanks for posting anuraag..!!

InsaneAl

Israeli_Eagle
36 minutes ago, InsaneAl said:

I usually like to keep my nVidia drivers reasonably up to date, but I've been having a few issues with the  39x.xx series.. First, YouTube videos stutter a bit with higher resolutions when things get a bit busy (with crowds of people etc). Second, Daum PotPlayer momentarily freezes my mouse while loading videos of almost all sizes, eg - 20mb to 4 or 5 Gb,, but especially so with the larger ones.. Neither of these problems happens when I use 38x.xx drivers, which I have gone back to. Even though I'd like to, I am reluctant to try this - so tempting though. I download though, just for the heck of it. Thanks for posting anuraag..!!

InsaneAl

Hmmm... For me works totally normal. Which GPU exactly you use?

I have an EVGA GTX980.. AIDA64 tells me GPU is GM204-400 whatever that is... AT the moment I am using driver 388.59 and it runs just fine...

InsaneAl

Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, InsaneAl said:

I have an EVGA GTX980.. AIDA64 tells me GPU is GM204-400 whatever that is... AT the moment I am using driver 388.59 and it runs just fine...

InsaneAl

Try a clean install and without Nvidia Experience. Also some drivers less which you never use.

CustomOptions2.jpg

Cheers Israeli_Eagle...

"If" I decide to install and try, I'll remember those checkboxes... Much thanks for the tips...!!!

InsaneAl

11 hours ago, InsaneAl said:

Cheers Israeli_Eagle...

"If" I decide to install and try, I'll remember those checkboxes... Much thanks for the tips...!!!

InsaneAl

If you have driver problems try running DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

It will delete all Nvidia leftovers it finds on your system that could be causing problems.

Purple Trail
On 4/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, InsaneAl said:

I usually like to keep my nVidia drivers reasonably up to date, but I've been having a few issues with the  39x.xx series.. First, YouTube videos stutter a bit with higher resolutions when things get a bit busy (with crowds of people etc). Second, Daum PotPlayer momentarily freezes my mouse while loading videos of almost all sizes, eg - 20mb to 4 or 5 Gb,, but especially so with the larger ones.. Neither of these problems happens when I use 38x.xx drivers, which I have gone back to.

Did you even check the release notes? The underlined issue was fixed in 391.24.

Fixed:

• [Media Player Classic Home Cinema]: When launching a video, the system stutters momentarily. [2070328]

Cheers Purple Trail,,. in answer to your question - "Ahhh Nope...!!!".. Must admit one of my weak points in updating software is I seldom read changelogs/release notes - a practise that may soon change...

Cheers,,,

InsaeAl

Israeli_Eagle
35 minutes ago, Stig said:

@Israeli_Eagle

What application did you use for the texted arrows in the image above? :rolleyes:

No idea... The pic came from a normal DuckDuckGo search. :D

Just a quick thanks to those, especially Israeli_Eagle, for pointing me in that right direction and helping to find out that the issues I "had" with earlier 39x.xx drivers are now resolved. Just over an hour ago I had a problem that popped up with my Win10 which made me think about restoring a complete C-Drive partition (complete Win10 backup image), so I decided to try 391.35 before I restored and they worked well, needless to say the first thing I did after the restore was to update drivers to 391.35.. Now all is well with system and graphics. No stutter on YouTube and Daum PotPlayer loads stutter free too.. YES...!!! (fist in the air in jubilation)...

Thank you ALL...

InsaneAl

With GeForce Experience keep your drivers up to date Optimize your game settings, for me it's very good.

Perfect for your Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card

I tried using GeForce Experience once before but something went wrong in the process and I never bothered using it again. I can't remember just what it was that went wrong but after that I am sure I never installed it again. Manually updating is usually quite easy and fuss free and I have never had any issues with nVidia drivers in all the years I have used them,, until this latest few releases. I had a few issues with Raedon drivers but even they were easily fixed by going to another version, and the issues I experienced with them never happened twice in a row. With this latest crop of GeForce drivers, I tried 4 in a row and they all gave the same issues - all the first 39x.xx,, - v390.65,, v390.77,, v391.01, & v391.05.. That's why I felt a little discouraged in trying any more just right now. I'm glad they fixed the issues though.. Thanks to the guys who helped...!!!

Cheers,

InsaneAl

https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/system-requirements

To resume, avoid to install GeForce Experience specially from the latest driver (my advice will be to always check the changelog before). Despite the fact, it was published (by nvidia itself) most of the time, it's already too late (another new version was already published (or it will be very soon)).

Because that's true, no it doesn't come with the latest release of GeForce Experience.

Very often, it will be a better choice to download (manually or separately) the GeForce Experience.

PS : Where is the damn changelog about GeForce Experience ? Good question but at least, I had found a few examples :

Israeli_Eagle
2 hours ago, Ecarion said:

https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/system-requirements

To resume, avoid to install GeForce Experience specially from the latest driver (my advice will be to always check the changelog before). Despite the fact, it was published (by nvidia itself) most of the time, it's already too late (another new version was already published (or it will be very soon)).

Because that's true, no it doesn't come with the latest release of GeForce Experience.

Very often, it will be a better choice to download (manually or separately) the GeForce Experience.

PS : Where is the damn changelog about GeForce Experience ? Good question but at least, I had found a few examples :

... and nobody needs Geforce Experience anyway, totally useless and pure crapware.
Not recommended to install!

7 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

... and nobody needs Geforce Experience anyway, totally useless and pure crapware.
Not recommended to install!

You are right and that's why I use

that only installs the driver without the crap

Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, Togijak said:

You are right and that's why I use

that only installs the driver without the crap

Or simply disable the install options and use internet. :coolwink:

Archived