Replying users without quoting.

mclaren85

Hello, As the title implies, I want to reply users without quoting since some entries are too long, making browsing experience harder.

Also there should be  "add person" button to inform new entry.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Recruit said:

@mclaren85  such this ? :think:

B) How did you do that? Yes like this but in an easy way.

2 minutes ago, mclaren85 said:

How did you do that?

You need to type "@" followed by some letters of the desired username. A list will be loaded from the database and then you can choose the desired username.

4 minutes ago, mclaren85 said:

Yes like this but in an easy way.

Describe what you understand through " easy way " !

@Recruit I want to press only one button to reply. I don't want to type @fgdfg whatever. Just one click near the "Quote button" would be much better.

4 minutes ago, mclaren85 said:

I want to press only one button to reply. I don't want to type @fgdfg whatever. Just one click near the "Quote button" would be much better.

I don't see for what would be useful while you can reply directly to that topic without quoting.

But,  Nah, the tastes wouldn't be discussed : there isn't something like that, but if you have any suggestions, send them to IPS.

I do not see any need for such a button, because it is really very easy to do manually. (Although adding this button is not a problem, it is also very simple).
Would rather need to remove the "Quote" button, because it's really crazy if the answer is 1-2 words, but there's a whole page before of those some words ... 
And usually there's one answer (a few words) and one page is full. 
And then we're talking about a slow forum and the forum's search engine can not find that, what you need, and so on.
No need to press the "Quote" button at any time. if it is still available.

Of course, also any user can ban the "Quote" in his post (or on the page), but I will not explain how to do it....

Then can someone make a lot of mischief.

1 hour ago, Recruit said:

You need to type "@" followed by some letters of the desired username. A list will be loaded from the database and then you can choose the desired username.

@Recruit Practicing the new trick. That's what a like from nsane, you learn something new each day. Great share trick @Recruit 

• Administrator

In addition to what's mentioned above, one can also modify the content of the quote that they want to use.

Also, since IPB 4.1 or later, I do not remember which they introduced it, one can just select some words in someone's post an a button called - Quote this - will appear on top of the selected text. Click on it and only that part of the selected text will be quoted here.

20 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

In addition to what's mentioned above, one can also modify the content of the quote that they want to use.

Also, since IPB 4.1 or later,  can just select some words in someone's post an a button called - Quote this - will appear on top of the selected text. 

Absolutely right, not only from this version, it has been possible for a long time, but always is somebody, who don't use or don't know.
It's so interesting, if somebody says, I want button, I don't want copy one word, I want  click on button.But at the same time can copy thousands articles without any button.
Weird, isn't? 

43 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Also, since IPB 4.1 or later, I do not remember which they introduced it, one can just select some words in someone's post an a button called - Quote this - will appear on top of the selected text. Click on it and only that part of the selected text will be quoted here.

The selective quoting was introduced in the 4.1.0 released on 10/27/2015.

A really useful feature is the ability to select and text in any post and get an option to quote just that text.

55dca3d5a3de3_Whats_New_in_IPS_Community

The new editor is a total rework and we hope you enjoy the new speed, stability, and options. Using the editor is the core function of any community so getting it right is very important.

https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/410-r24/

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/9737-ips-community-suite-41-preview-available/

• Administrator
1 hour ago, sixoclock said:

Thanks for bringing up the changlog and confirming it. So my guess was correct there. :P

Archived