Bitcoin Will Become World’s Single Currency Within 10 Years, Says Twitter CEO

ADN

Jack Dorsey, CEO of both Twitter and Square, has managed to get his name in the headlines again today after a comment he made about Bitcoin during an interview with The Times.

Speaking of the current cryptocurrency king, Dorsey said that he believes Bitcoin will become the world’s single currency within the next ten years.

Bitcoin-1200.jpg

If ten years seems fast to you, it’s worth noting that Dorsey actually said that the transition could even happen more quickly than that, something that seems particularly unlikely despite what can only be described as Bitcoin’s huge increase in popularity over the past few months.

“The world ultimately will have a single currency, the internet will have a single currency. I personally believe that it will be bitcoin.”

This would happen “probably over ten years, but it could go faster.”

Of course, Dorsey’s bullish stance on Bitcoin may be slightly far fetched, but it should not come as a surprise at all. As mentioned earlier, he may be the top dog at Twitter but he is also CEO of Square, a company that recently added the option to buy and sell Bitcoin via its Square Cash app on mobile.

Dorsey also has a history of speaking of the benefits of Bitcoin as a currency. He also owns an unknown amount of the Bitcoin cryptocurrency, which may or may not be a good reason for him to hype it up.

Dorsey’s interview with The Times was apparently limited to Square, with the Twitter CEO declining to take questions about the social network. Given the current focus on Facebook and its roll in world affairs right now, that move was no doubt a calculated one.

Jack-Dorsey.jpg

Redmondpie.com

• Replies 7
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

He is quite wrong, both economically and practically here.

46 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I agreed, someone needs to school Jack Dorsey on monetary policy and how world currencies and economy work. I don't think we will ever see all the world leaders agree to a single currency, even if it's not bitcoin.

1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

1 minute ago, sixoclock said:

I agreed, someone needs to school Jack Dorsey on monetary policy and how world currencies and economy work. I don't think we will ever see all the world leaders agree to a single currency, even if it's not bitcoin.

History is full of examples of things and ideas that, despite being marginalized, survived.
I'm not claiming that Jack Dorsey is right, but I can not say he's wrong.

Regards

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

History is full of examples of things and ideas that, despite being marginalized, survived.
I'm not claiming that Jack Dorsey is right, but I can not say he's wrong.

Regards

Indeed, but many things we use currently were hardly predicted by many.

As for as these currencies are concerned, the main selling point is lack of regulations, once fully regulated, it might be less attractive to many.

As far as what the person is saying, think about it this way, will a rich country - absolutely not pointing out any country here, accept that a poor country is using the currency that is valued the same as theirs, it's not possible to do so.

23 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Indeed, but many things we use currently were hardly predicted by many.

As for as these currencies are concerned, the main selling point is lack of regulations, once fully regulated, it might be less attractive to many.

As far as what the person is saying, think about it this way, will a rich country - absolutely not pointing out any country here, accept that a poor country is using the currency that is valued the same as theirs, it's not possible to do so.

Most of the world is  cracking down on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies right now i  laughed when i seen this post :tooth:

All the Places Now Cracking Down on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies

http://time.com/money/5198439/all-the-places-now-cracking-down-on-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrencies/

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Most of the world is  cracking down on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies right now i  laughed when i seen this post :tooth:

All the Places Now Cracking Down on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies

http://time.com/money/5198439/all-the-places-now-cracking-down-on-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrencies/

Indeed. That list is incomplete there.

44 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Indeed. That list is incomplete there.

I can understand that people  want git rich off it quick but the mining  has gave them and excuse to cripple it .  Everyone that wants to get rich better hurry up because the market for it  peaked in 2017 and is falling . This just in you can add Japan to that list too.

Bitcoin: Prices Fall on Japan Crypto Crackdown

https://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoin-crackdown-one-worlds-largest-crypto-exchanges-sends-price-falling/

Bitcoin, the world's largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, has faced downward pressure after hitting highs near $20,000 in mid-December as investors fear the impact of heightened government regulation on crypto markets around the world. A $8,330.00 bitcoin purchased on Friday at 13:19 UTC (9:19 a.m. East Coast time) reflects a 4.3% discount from its price 24 hours ago and a 700% gain over the most recent 12 months. In February, the volatile digital currency fell below $6,000, quickly popping back up past $7,000, as swings have been driven by negative news including moves by U.S. authorities and central bankers to impose restrictions on the high-flying, decentralized market.

Bitcoin  peaked at $20,000  in 2017 now it  only worth 6-8 thousand dollars in 2018 it dropped a lot  in value this year.

The good old days

https://i.imgur.com/LDFO6YV.png

Archived