ESET Internet Security 11.1.42.0

anuraag

ESET Internet Security offers advanced detection technologies and multi-layered security features. Designed for a low footprint, fast scanning, it packs security features and customization options for consistent and personalized security on- or offline. ESET Internet Security is built on ESET's unique heuristic technology that identifies viruses that have never been seen before. This enables them to protect your computer proactively, in real-time, against new viruses and cyber threats that conventional signature-based antivirus products don't catch. ESET Internet Security has all the same features as ESET NOD32 Antivirus with the addition of parental controls, antispam module, and an intelligent firewall.

Thanks to SalaR for the update.

Download

• Replies 80
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changlog:

Version 11.1.42.0

• Added: UEFI scanning option (Boot sectors/UEFI) added to Computer scan
  • Added: Additional Diagnostics setting for advanced license logging under Diagnostics folder
  • Added: Updated Banking and Payment Protection module to support Chrome version 64
  • Added: Operating system information is displayed for some devices types by Connected Home Monitor
  • Added: Ability to manually remove devices identified by Connected Home Monitor
  • Added: Ability to manually specify categories of devices in Connected Home Monitor
  • Added: Screen reader support for Offline and Live installers
  • Improved: Security via more frequent update checks for detection engine and modules
  • Improved: Product installation time reduced
  • Improved: ESET application status reporting
  • Improved: Various activation improvements to decrease activation failures
  • Changed: Anti-Ransomware Protection renamed to Ransomware Shield
  • Fixed: "Update has not been run yet" is displayed after ESET is already updated
  • Fixed: Antimalware Scan Interface Integration fails after installation and before restart (Win 10x64 16215)
  • Fixed: All default tasks are reset after running repair
  • Fixed: Blue screen error (BSOD) caused by stack overflow
  • Fixed: Advanced setup menu is corrupted after clicking Default
  • Fixed: After changing a check box value, text is not read by JAWS
  • Fixed: The URL for "I forgot my password" is incorrect
  • Fixed: Cannot select items in context menu
  • Fixed: Various minor bugs and localization improvements

Is it just me not being able to find the ESET LiveGrid setting?

After updating, I get the notification to enable/disable LiveGrid on boot of Windows, however nothing happens whatever I choose and there is no ESET LiveGrid setting under Tools in the advanced settings menu....

Rico69Suave
5 minutes ago, lepicane said:

After updating, I get the notification to enable/disable LiveGrid on boot of Windows, however nothing happens whatever I choose and there is no ESET LiveGrid setting under Tools in the advanced settings menu....

I have the same problem as you plus TNOD is acting weird since the update was installed (it starts verifing a group of licenses and then after a minute it shows an error saying a license cannot be installed, but i still have the previous license working ok).

This was after updating in the application itself. I repaired the installation (it reverted to the previous version), and installed using the installer.

It seems OK now and the ESET LiveGrid is under Cloud-based protection....

14 minutes ago, lepicane said:

LiveGrid is now "Cloud based protection" under "Detection Engine"

Novak Gregor
1 minute ago, lepicane said:

This was after updating in the application itself. I repaired the installation (it reverted to the previous version), and installed using the installer.

It seems OK now and the ESET LiveGrid is under Cloud-based protection....

Can you describe it?

I have the same issue, but I don't know how to revert to previous version.

Thanks!

I went into the 'Programs and Features' in Windows, clicked on ESET and then change. The pop-up then asked if I wanted to repair or uninstall. I chose repair.

EDIT: Please note it probably reverted as I updated through the application itself, not the installer.

LiveGrid is now "Cloud based protection" under "Detection Engine" i think people got confused because they can't find it

Hmm.. For me it was the opposite. Upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1 caused that Livegrid notification problem.

Tried the method suggested by Skunk1996 and it was just stuck in the update cycle for over 15 minutes and never updated.

Strange thing I noticed that ESET was showing itself as "ESET Security" rather than "ESET Internet Security" in control panel app list.

Uninstalled and installed from scratch, everything is working fine now.

Yes , it solves this issue indeed !

Only ; when changing to regular updating , ESET tries to push you in the same error again , by downloading new update....................:(

So, this means you can not change to regular updating anymore !

( very "smart" guys , instead of severe testing first , half Europe in the s*** .........)

After installing this "buggy "  update , went back to previous version , I made just before updating .............:D

thanks guys , I just did stopped app-update. Will proceed after more info. comes forward on whether if issues are legit or not !

On 3/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, Pete 12 said:

Yes , it solves this issue indeed !

Only ; when changing to regular updating , ESET tries to push you in the same error again , by downloading new update....................:(

So, this means you can not change to regular updating anymore !

( very "smart" guys , instead of severe testing first , half Europe in the s*** .........)

After installing this "buggy "  update , went back to previous version , I made just before updating .............:D

after doing what was advised by Marcos all was fixed and when I checked the setting about Beta updates it was reverted back to normal update mode without having to do that myself

Switching from release to pre-release updates or vice-versa may take several minutes since all modules are downloaded and re-compiled. Update to v11.1.42 was removed from the repository about an hour ago. Those who did not upgrade but installed v11.1.42 from scratch were not affected.

Those who had setting protected with a password could use the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode and install v11.1.42 from scratch then until we find a better solution.

abcabcabc
Upvote

source: https://forum.eset.com/topic/14983-eset-live-grid-after-latest-update-cannot-disable-cannot-enable/?do=findComment&comment=74329

Hello guys,

the fixed Configuration module should be available in few moments, try to run manual Check for updates or you should receive it on next scheduled update (by default once per hour)

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,

Regards, P.R.

source: https://forum.eset.com/topic/14983-eset-live-grid-after-latest-update-cannot-disable-cannot-enable/?do=findComment&comment=74366

It should be working fine now the modules is updated

Configuration module (33): 1659.1 (20180315)

After new update , everything seems ok , untill looking in my Event Viewer ;  " ScRegSetValueExW " error with id=7006 

Completely uninstalled /reinstalled , but this error still remains......!  ( after every reboot )

Someone has this error also , and how to solve it.............???

TheEmpathicEar
2 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

After new update , everything seems ok , untill looking in my Event Viewer ;  " ScRegSetValueExW " error with id=7006 

Completely uninstalled /reinstalled , but this error still remains......!  ( after every reboot )

Someone has this error also , and how to solve it.............???

So, what's the verdict? Wait for the next update?

You looked into your Event Viewer after this update ?

Still searching for a solution , reported to ESET already , waiting for response...........

" ScRegSetValueExW " error with id=7006  never seen this before, so must be something wrong............

Well , if you dont look in it , you dont see any problems and sleep better.............:rolleyes:

Still want to know if all is well , so I  keep looking !

btw ; you know whats wrong ??

and did you also noticed we got an other service ; the " Eset Firewall Helper "  ,   this extra service came with this latest update ............

"  ScRegSetValueExW " error with id=7006  never seen this before, so must be something wrong............:(

Went back to previous Eset-version , untill solution appears !

Rebel Reigns

Hi. I am using ESET Smart Security 10.0.390.0 (x64) and it works fine on my Windows 10 even below versions works fine But newer versions like ESET Smart Security 10.1.235.0 (x64) or ESET Internet Security 11.0.159.9 (x64) after installing ends with screenshot error given below. I tried to solve every possible solution given on internet but in vain. Kindly guide.

Regards :)

ESET Internet Security 11.0.144.0 [x64] Launching Error.png

Archived