Microsoft confirms Windows 10 spring update coming in April with 18 months of support

Recruit

1517698696_springcreatorsupdate1-1_story

Microsoft has been fairly tight-lipped about the next feature update to Windows 10. We know what's coming, due to Insider Preview builds, but the firm hasn't announced what it will be called, or when it's coming. The 1803 version number indicates that it will be finalized this month, but that doesn't mean it will be generally available.

According to a Microsoft Developer blog post that was published in February and then modified today, the Windows 10 spring update will land for the public in April, confirming everyone's suspicions. It also says that support for the update will end in October 2019, giving it the standard 18 months. If it's like previous versions though, Microsoft will end up extending it for an additional six months, which might make one wonder why the company doesn't just give it two years of support from the beginning.

The document also lists the 'Initial Build' as 17115, which would imply that the current Fast and Slow ring build is indeed the RTM, or the one that non-Insiders will get. We can confirm that this is not the case; in fact, it can't be. Xbox One uses Windows 10 as well, and the Preview Alpha ring is already on build 17118. Despite Windows 10 and Xbox One having different version numbers for Redstone 4 (1803 and 1804, respectively), they will land on the same major build number.

Obviously, we're all still waiting on a specific date in April that Microsoft will release the spring update, and to find out what it will be called. All signs point to it being the Spring Creators Update, but that's still not official.

Source

with 18 months of support

:lmao:

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

i am going back to windows 7  its to much data to keep windows 10

1 minute ago, knowledge said:

i am going back to windows 7  its to much data to keep windows 10

Smart move!!!

Keep 'em coming, I'm ready.

I am 'using windows 10 and it's not a very huge risk and it doesn't haunt me' :lmao:

1 minute ago, Undertaker said:

Keep 'em coming, I'm ready.

I am 'using windows 10 and it's not a very huge risk and it doesn't haunt me' :lmao:

You're the evil itself!!! :tooth:

Too much data? Whut.. I go through about one Terabyte a month.. "Too much" Yeah, for third world internet pauper.

5 minutes ago, Ryrynz said:

( ... ) "Too much" Yeah, for third world internet pauper.

And this is the typical behavior that generates side effects... the bad ones, I mean... :rolleyes:

There was a time when Windows 10 was indeed quite volatile and would cause BSODs at the drop of the hat — it has now emerged as the most secure OS boasting of the longest shelf life.

What makes Windows 10 hateful is its privacy intrusion and flat (metro) looks — however, the optics of any OS can be improved dramatically by a skillful operator and so also, the intrusion prevented by employing a block all by default but allow only critically essential internet access firewall implementation.

Microsoft keep updating their privacy intrusion and each update seems to use a different methodology, embedding itself deeper and deeper — one of the reasons why Windows 10 breaks is due to Users employing third party apps. & programs in one single act of Caesarean Section against the intrusion instead of the robust firewall policy mentioned on my previous paragraph which does not need to be calibrated at every Windows update.

Volatile? I've upgraded lots of machines at work, updated heaps too to each new release build.. Almost never had a problem..

Except Windows screwing over the drivers with what it thinks are updated versions they actually work worse.. Besides that things have been pretty peachy IME.

Things have gotten better obviously, my personal opinion is it's a great OS, it's in good shape right now and Spring Creators is the icing on the cake.

On 3/14/2018 at 6:54 AM, Recruit said:

Using Win 10? It's VERY HUGE Mistake that HAUNTS!

Been using it for ages, it's the best Windows I've ever used and I've used 3.x up through every release.

• Jordan locked this topic
  • Administrator

No insults allowed on nsane.forums.

Some posts removed and topic reopened here.

• DKT27 unlocked this topic

How many years Windows 10 will be updated? Is there life cycle for Windows 10 as per  update number? Next new version Microsoft office requires which update of windows 10 as minimum requirements?confused :huh:

12 minutes ago, Rizu37 said:

Hai can someone help me activated my windows or how can i do it. I can't find support windows with chating. 

You MUST start a new topic — our operators are standing-by and look forward to chat with you (for a smooth and seamless Windows activation.)

Thought I'd pay my respects for my mama post, the staff owes me. :evil:

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

( ... ) Next new version Microsoft office requires which update of windows 10 as minimum requirements?confused :huh:

The older Windows 10 supported when Office 2019 is released... My guess: Fall Update ( 1709 )...

1+ @Recruit for calling my attention

2 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Creators Update ( 1709 )

Creators Update                1703

Fall Update                         1709

Spring Creators Update   1803

26 minutes ago, dcs18 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

+1

• Administrator

@hoursokaon: Some posts removed.

Like on most online forums the use of the 'Like / Thanks' button is preferred over simply posting 'Thanks' or something similar. Making an excessive amount of posts which add little to nothing to a topic might result in a post count reduction.

Guidelines.

My Dell refurbished machines came with Windows Vista and 7 initally, both activated Windows 10 automatically upon a clean install.

Archived