Phragmeister

Phragmeister

It's creating a buzz on the web, mainly YouTube. I even saw it on the mainstream news just the other day.

People still believe the Earth is flat. The number of people that believe it and others that are looking into it is growing by the thousands each day.

What a time to be alive, hehe!

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phragmeister

I think a lot of people that get into flat-Earth got there because of their lack of trust with anything NASA related.

Here's NASA graphic/CGI designer Russel Simmons explaining how the Earth images are composites.

Then you find out that all of the images you see like this are made by artists that render them based on graph data, such as this. Space satellites are apparently fake according to flat-Earth theory, as there's a firmament above Earth's atmosphere.

Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that there's literally zero footage of a NASA/SpaceX rocket traveling from Earth into space in one scene. The footage always cuts before they reach orbit.

This video appeared on YouTube a while ago showing what apparently looks like a staging scene on the Apollo 11.

Those are just a few things flat-Earthers speculate on regarding NASA.

It could be just people trolling though, i mean there are some who really believe the earth is flat but some do it for trolling and joking around. Everybody from the sumers and ancient greeks even the egyptians knew that the earth wasn't flat. Actually it is a geoid, a very irregular sphere.

And the proof it is not about pictures but calculus and trigonometry and astronomical observation. 

Eratosthenes of Cyrene a greek mathematician calculated the circumference of the Earth in 170 BC and did a  pretty accurate measurement too. So the flath eartheners' theory is not for debate it is just internet floklore.

• Administrator

I heard it started as a joke, until people started actually believing it.

Do people even remember that there are not one but many space agencies - some of them even rivals, out there with several images that show not only our planets but different planets too.

This does show we have all kinds of people and beliefs in this world.  We still have many who believe the moon landing was a government hoax as well as 911.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived