The next version of Windows 10 will be called the Spring Creators Update

KRS

2 hours ago, Karlston said:

Indeed I do. It's made by Microsoft in the U.S.which is in the Northern Hemisphere.

But... it's issued in the Northern hemisphere's Spring which happens to be the Southern hemisphere's Autumn.

Perhaps if the tables were turned, you'd think it weird to be applying an "Autumn Update" in your Spring?

Don't blame me, I didn't create Earth's tilted axis. :)

I just wish Microsoft would use something a little more global, like "Update 4" (or is it 5?) or "1803 Update" or "March 2018 Update" or....

And the apostrophe abuse is that the update is by and/or for creators and as such should be "Creators' Update", assuming that it's by or for more than one creator.

No it doesn't belong to the creators but is made by creators so no apostrophe. Still made in northern and published in northern makes it spring edition; maybe not PC but is what they want to call it. And besides if everyone hates it so much why complain just don't use it. I started with computers in the 80s using 8080 cards and still today nothing works perfectly, but we make do.

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, csmdew said:

No it doesn't belong to the creators but is made by creators so no apostrophe. Still made in northern and published in northern makes it spring edition; maybe not PC but is what they want to call it. And besides if everyone hates it so much why complain just don't use it. I started with computers in the 80s using 8080 cards and still today nothing works perfectly, but we make do.

Power produced by solar panels is generated/made by the solar panels, but the power it generates is still the panels' power.

I don't hate it, am just pointing out Microsoft's ignorance of or disdain for half the planet. And the correctness is not the Political Correctness cancer eating away at society, it's the matter of accuracy. Let's agree to disagree. :)

BTW, I first used and programmed a computer in mid-1973, a DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) PDP-8 . Still have some paper tape "mass storage" in a drawer somewhere, LOL...

5 hours ago, Recruit said:

After that, I took a look sometime to NTlite and I have not seen an option to remove telemetry.

Does it have such an option ?

Anyhow, I think I will do it this time with a esd image, beacuse those are smaller than multi-edition images.

Just in case you fail to exclude the slip-streamed crapware, Users can deploy this firewall policy — it protects against analytics and telemetry in any form on any Microsoft Operating System from Windows 95 to the latest insider builds (would be effective against anything that Microsoft could throw at you in the future, too.) 8)

The firewall implementation is just a one time effort — one can use any firewall of one's choice. ;)

Archived