The next version of Windows 10 will be called the Spring Creators Update

KRS

It looks like the cat is out of the bag as far as the mystery surrounding the naming for the next update for Windows 10 is concerned. It appears that the 'Creators Update' naming, first used a year ago, will be kept, with the full name ending up as Windows 10 Spring Creators Update, for Redstone 4.

Jc838Fk.jpg

The Spring Creators Update name has appeared numerous times in announcements, or as in the case above, in Powershell on Redstone 5, it will be the third time it has been used after the Creators Update, released in March 2017 and the Fall Creators Update, released in October last year. Annoyingly, it was expected that Windows Developer Day would be used to officially announce the name, but that came and went, although a new Windows SDK was released for developers.

try run Get-VMHostSupportedVersion in PowerShell in 17618, what does that outputs ?

Redstone 4, or as it is now known, the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update, will bring with it new features like Timeline, HDR support, and even more Fluent Design changes when it is released in April.

Source

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it will... still clueless about the way seasons work on our planet.

Dear Microsoft (again),

Your "Spring Creators Update" will be released here when it's Autumn (Fall).

So for us it's actually the "Autumn Creators Update".

And you're also still clueless about apostrophe usage.

Yours sincerely

Users living in the Southern Hemisphere

They are NOT Creatives :s ... So, if the next update comes in July, it would be called: ""SUMMER CREATURES UPDATE"" ... While en SouthAmerica (where I Live) is WINTER ..... Microsoft People .... Stupids !!

Spring Crap Update sounds better, I guess :P

How many Creators Update they need they done wore it out already ?  It's dumb any how,  the creators of windows didn't make it , if they did they would  got Windows 10 right to begin with .because they failed with windows 8 . They use to make one os that would  fail and  one  that done great. But the noobs in there now broke there streak . Only reason Windows 10 will ever get ahead of Windows 7 is because they don't ever make something else.

43 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Only reason Windows 10 will ever get ahead of Windows 7 is because they don't ever make something else.

That sounds about right :yes:

Still on LTSB here, WIndows 10 is only good for that specific OS, the other like Pro and Enterprise are f*cked with cum. updates that are f*cked..

18 minutes ago, 0bin said:

@steven36 How was your experience with Linux this months, I will be interested in how was, if you like to share.

Not much to say  but i really enjoy not having to look for software updates for most things 90% of apps once i install it once  the auto updater keeps me updated, A little tweaking  pays off a bunch    and it gives me more time for watching movies and listening to music and doing things i like to do .  Everything for me is running like clockwork .

30 minutes ago, 0bin said:

@steven36 How was your experience with Linux this months, I will be interested in how was, if you like to share.

3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Not much to say  but i really enjoy not having to look for software updates for most things 90% of apps once i install it once  the auto updater keeps me updated, A little tweaking  pays off a bunch    and it gives me more time for watching movies and listening to music and doing things i like to do .  Everything for me is running like clockwork .

Just one more to the very well explained by @steven36... :cheers:

@0bin
If you're the type who likes tension and looks forward to a new "adventure" every month, stay away from Linux and embrace the "best operating system ever"!!!
:P
Back to the serious side, I think Linux is something you need to know more... it's worth it!!!

6 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

If you're the type who likes tension and looks forward to a new "adventure" every month, stay away from Linux and embrace the "best operating system ever"!!!

Oh they have that  too on Linux if you want to do it  . You can install a upstream bleeding edge OS  like Arch. I use to run  Manjaro  and enable testing updates  but since AMD got good open source drivers I have no reason to run a distro based on Arch. Stable Ubuntu has the most packages of any Desktop Linux OS .

1 hour ago, Recruit said:

Spring Crap Update sounds better, I guess :P

"Motcyak Update" is even more faithful to the philosophy behind "that... cof... operating system".

( aka More Of The Crap You Already Know )

50 minutes ago, maut said:

Still on LTSB here, WIndows 10 is only good for that specific OS, the other like Pro and Enterprise are f*cked with cum. updates that are f*cked..

Maybe we'll make our own edition of current release starting with this one. :)

Still I am using the edition about whose I talked to the RSU linked below. Everything works great ! :dance:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/82921-recruit/?status=37026&type=status

We will see how MSMG toolkit will get used to it....:whistle:

I am thinking to make an edition only with crap removed ( nothing added ) in order to share it here for the people that not have enough time do it or for those which want to avoid headaches... RlW5CMh.gif

5 minutes ago, Recruit said:

I am thinking to make an edition only with crap removed ( nothing added ) in order to share it here for the people that not have enough time do it or for those which want to avoid headaches... RlW5CMh.gif

Let me know when it's ready to use... I'll give it a try...

19 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Maybe we'll make our own edition of current release starting with this one. :)

Still I am using the edition about whose I talked to the RSU linked below. Everything works great ! :dance:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/82921-recruit/?status=37026&type=status

We will see how MSMG toolkit will get used to it....:whistle:

Great idea !

19 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Let me know when it's ready to use... I'll give it a try...

Thanks bro....Still I have the image that I made for myself.:)

I have some doubts about the size of it .....the original iso has about 4.9 GB and after removing crap I got 5.3GB. I do not understood why, even if the modules removed have not had considerable sizes... It was a multi-edition VL..I like the deal with Enterprise, as usual.

I saw people here are very concerned about " the size " :D, and for sure they will ask, in right way, otherwise : " Why after removing components and modules the iso has a larger size than the original " ?

This was the only disadvantage, but for me, at least, it was not so considerable...:P

6 minutes ago, mona said:

Great idea !

Thank you, Sis ! Sorry, my reputions points are gone, for now, business as usual. :dance:
We will keep you in touch if you will become interested, according with what we will get to managed ;)

1 minute ago, Recruit said:

Thanks bro....Still I have the image that I made for myself.:)

:cheers:

I have some doubts about the size of it .....the original iso has about 4.9 GB and after removing crap I got 5.3GB. I do not understood why, even if the modules removed have not had considerable sizes... It was a multi-edition VL..I like the deal with Enterprise, as usual.

Maybe it was the compression system used when saving the new image... :think:

I saw people here are very concerned about " the size " :D, and for sure they will ask, in right way, otherwise : " Why after removing components and modules the iso has a larger size than the original " ?

This was the only disadvantage, but for me, at least, it was not so considerable...:P

Not problem at all...

4 hours ago, Karlston said:

Of course it will... still clueless about the way seasons work on our planet.

Dear Microsoft (again),

Your "Spring Creators Update" will be released here when it's Autumn (Fall).

So for us it's actually the "Autumn Creators Update".

And you're also still clueless about apostrophe usage.

Yours sincerely

Users living in the Southern Hemisphere

Do you understand where it's created at; so it's spring update and what is the statement about the apostrophe usage about?

24 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Thank you, Sis ! Sorry, my reputions points are gone, for now, business as usual. :dance:
We will keep you in touch if you will become interested, according with what we will get to managed ;)

I hate to deal with Windows 10, but for some reasons need to keep it on my desktop as an alternative to the old good Windows 7 (in dual boot).  

Hence will be very greatful if you could free me from spending time for efforts to keep Windows 10 acceptable and usable.

Then yes,  please count me in.  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Maybe it was the compression system used when saving the new image... :think:

Most likely MSMG toolkit used something else when recreated the wim.:innocent:
I will try to elucidate.:eek:

However If I will get it a bit larger, I will be based on my friends to explain others why, when I cannot do it.:flowers:

49 minutes ago, Recruit said:

I have some doubts about the size of it .....the original iso has about 4.9 GB and after removing crap I got 5.3GB.

The causes can be several... Have you used the option to rebuild the image? Did you update only one of the indexes and did not delete the others? I always export one of the indexes (Enterprise) to get only one index in install.wim, integrate updates and remove components. Another good option is NTLite however it needs more patience to test and needs to know more what you are doing.

9 minutes ago, SolidSmoke said:

Have you used the option to rebuild the image?

Yeah..

9 minutes ago, SolidSmoke said:

Did you update only one of the indexes and did not delete the others?

I made it only one. The others there are not...

11 minutes ago, SolidSmoke said:

Another good option is NTLite

I know : I made a good custom image with it for my tablet. It saved my ass, because I managed to integrate the touch driver. It was before to take a look to MSMG Toolkit.

After that, I took a look sometime to NTlite and I have not seen an option to remove telemetry.

Does it have such an option ?

Anyhow, I think I will do it this time with a esd image, beacuse those are smaller than multi-edition images.

2 hours ago, csmdew said:

Do you understand where it's created at; so it's spring update and what is the statement about the apostrophe usage about?

Indeed I do. It's made by Microsoft in the U.S.which is in the Northern Hemisphere.

But... it's issued in the Northern hemisphere's Spring which happens to be the Southern hemisphere's Autumn.

Perhaps if the tables were turned, you'd think it weird to be applying an "Autumn Update" in your Spring?

Don't blame me, I didn't create Earth's tilted axis. :)

I just wish Microsoft would use something a little more global, like "Update 4" (or is it 5?) or "1803 Update" or "March 2018 Update" or....

And the apostrophe abuse is that the update is by and/or for creators and as such should be "Creators' Update", assuming that it's by or for more than one creator.

I made it only one. The others there are not...

So that may be the cause, you have 2 options: Integrates updates into all indexes or removes the indexes that have not been updated. But to have a reduction in ISO size you need to remove the same components in all indexes if you want to keep them. That's why personally I think it's best to remove the extra indexes.

The data is only stored once in the .wim file but updating only one index will store the original files that are present in the other indexes plus the files that have been updated. And removing components in only one index does not reduce size because those components are still present in the other indexes.

After that, I took a look sometime to NTlite and I have not seen an option to remove telemetry.

Does it have such an option ?

Yes NTLite removes telemetry as well. Just remove the Unified Telemetry Client :)

Archived