Microsoft's Paint 3D now allows you to edit your work in 3D View

KRS

Microsoft today announced improvements to its Paint 3D app, the new 3D drawing application that shipped with Windows 10 version 1703 last year. Users will now be able to edit their work directly from 3D View mode.

This means that you can edit your creations from any angle. For example, if you place something on the side of the object, you can easily rotate the view to make sure that it's placed properly on another axis. After all, you're viewing it on a 2D screen, so the ability to rotate these drawings is important. Previously, the user had to rotate them and then switch back to 2D View mode to make changes.

With this new feature, you can also adjust items that are behind other objects. The object that's in focus stays in focus, so even if you rotate the entire image by 180 degrees, you'll still have control over the original object, even if something else is covering it.

You can also add more new objects, paint with different brushes, or add stickers, while in 3D View.

In order to get this new feature, you need to be on Windows 10 version 1709, and have the latest version of the app. To update the app, you can find it on the Store here.

Source

• Replies 5
  • Views 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made the mistake to show this to my kid. Now he wants me to draw for him a shark like the one on the video.

5 minutes ago, anakin206 said:

I made the mistake to show this to my kid. Now he wants me to draw for him a shark like the one on the video.

Luke Skywalker will be so happy ;) Jajajajaja
@0bin

2 hours ago, 0bin said:

Are you @Archanus who I think you really are?

If yes, I am:

0dc84c65dd1003af7a7f9c29e5be0da0.svg

:o ... So, Am I the CHOSEN ONE?? jajaja :D

How do I install it to windows 7?

• 2 weeks later...

Windows Store for pc/laptop is available in windows 8 and later but I have not checked whether app opens in windows 8

Archived