Internet Download Manager 6.30 Build 7

anuraag

10 hours ago, BTJB said:

WOOOWWWW! So much hard work you had, you are professional! :wub: With all my Love to You, Thank You man! :notworthy:

x2 from me too - That's a mighty in depth piece of software art from Xanax.. Thanks...!!!

InsaneAl

• Replies 131
  • Views 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T3rM1nat0Rr3
19 hours ago, xanax said:

IDM v6.30.x Activator

Am I right in saying this registers IDM just by doing some registry magic alone (i.e. not patching IDM.exe)?

Does fix need re-applying after updating to a new version (I'm thinking it does)?

Will this work on Windows XP (I'm thinking yes)?

Is there an advantage/benefit in using Activator,  rather than patching IDM.exe?

1. it's not magic, just changed permissions on few IDM reg keys so IDM can't operate with them

2. with updating IDM will re-write permissions on that keys so need to be applied again (option #3)

3. basically yes, but script should be modified because use reg command switch /reg:32 which is not compatible with XP i think, maybe some other things too, not sure

T3rM1nat0Rr3
28 minutes ago, xanax said:

3. basically yes, but script should be modified because use reg command switch /reg:32 which is not compatible with XP i think, maybe some other things too, not sure

Modified by deleting /reg:32?

Other things...?

Although a .bat that would be compatible with XP would be good ;)

Completely understand if this is something that could not be done.

.bat is in plain text format, for start open it in any text editor, find lines which contain /reg:32 and delete that switch (/reg:32), save and test script on 32-bit XP

also delete "Run Script as Administrator" part at beginning of the script

i don't have time to test script on XP right now, i don't have 72 hours per hour, i have dozen other tasks to do in RL and then in VR

"bb2018 - 6 hours 29 sec ago

I'm used 3 month without warning fake serial 

Open source "

I assume that after the trial period expired,  it is needed to apply the activator again. Am I right ? 

or before the trial fully expired, it can reset it by applying the activator?

10 hours ago, Junichiro said:
 "bb2018 - 6 hours 29 sec ago

I'm used 3 month without warning fake serial 

Open source "

I assume that after the trial period expired,  it is needed to apply the activator again. Am I right ? 

or before the trial fully expired, it can reset it by applying the activator?

I'm apply activate one time without activate again now it's still working for me 3 month  .

T3rM1nat0Rr3
51 minutes ago, bb2018 said:

I'm apply activate one time without activate again now it's still working for me 3 month  .

But did you update when there is a new IDM release...

2 hours ago, T3rM1nat0Rr3 said:

But did you update when there is a new IDM release...

Yes i did I'm update to idm 6.30.7 still working without warning fake serial.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:36 PM, xanax said:

Build number of original retail IDMan.exe is always 3

Build number of original trial IDMan.exe is always 2

idmanretvstr.png

Bro @xanax
what tools is that?

You're right @BTJB about the first part. Because mostly after each update, I had saw the message about the fake serial. But this time, it was different because IDM was totally blocked. In the past, no it wasn't the case. Because the message about the firewall wasn't a trouble and it was very easy to correct : once the process (update and reactivate) is done, open the Rules Panel (from the Windows Firewall Control) and enable the rule (the one which will allow IDM to work as expected).

Pardon @xanax but you're wrong. Because once again it has done a good job (the fake serial message has vanished after the second or third times). And thank you because I didn't know you made a new one (I don't read each topic about IDM but only sometimes).

In fact, I didn't try AdGuard and Simple DNSCrypt because @dcs18 until now, for me it wasn't a big trouble. But I will think about the next time. Which one (AdGuard Content Blocker, AdGuard DNS, AdGuard Nightly, etc) do you recommend ? Because there are several (version or edition) and I know nothing related to the both.

I don't recall but I was able to find one old post (if need I will check later). Then apparently the trouble has probably started somewhere in october 2017 when IDM_v6.29 was published.

1 minute ago, Ecarion said:

In fact, I didn't try AdGuard and Simple DNSCrypt because @dcs18 until now, for me it wasn't a big trouble. But I will think about the next time. Which one (AdGuard Content Blocker, AdGuard DNS, etc) do you recommend ?

IMHO, one should never be  installing an additional program merely for the sake of keeping IDM from calling home.

I mean, if you already have AdGuard installed on your system better to use it to control your IDM instead of installing yet another program (example - Simple DNSCrypt) and also vice versa.

Now, on a note unrelated to IDM, an important point is that Simple DNSCrypt is one software that should be considered as an essential layer of security on every Microsoft OS where there is no other provision for internet packet encryption.

Thank you @dcs18 I will read them.

In fact, at the moment no I haven't install AdGuard (neither Simple DNSCrypt). Perhaps the next month ? It's just an idea decause I'm satisfy by the Windows Firewall Control (at least for now, it's seem to work fine again).

And that's true and good to know because I'm a little worry about the security.

Just now, Ecarion said:

It's just an idea decause I'm satisfy by the Windows Firewall Control (at least for now, it's seem to work fine again).

And that's true and good to know because I'm a little worry about the security.

Are you sure that Windows Firewall Control (WFC) is working for you, in preventing IDM from calling home? yXZVmpE.gif

I'm only skeptical because unless upgraded (on Patch Tuesday,) the native Windows Firewall (until recently) did not have the capability to prevent ARP poisoning and cache spoofing which is now being used by IDM to bypass most firewalls.

- Improved "Run Script as Administrator"

- The license is masked as regular

- Clean / Reset tools included

File: IDMActivator630x.rar (2.01 MB)

Site: www.upload.ee

Sharecode: /files/8143297/IDMActivator630x.rar.html

undocumented
On ‏۱۴‏/‏۱۲‏/‏۱۳۹۶ at 3:04 AM, xanax said:

IDM v6.30.x Activator

- Added third IDM CLSID Key

- Process Monitor updated to v3.50

Site: https://www.solidfiles.com
Sharecode: /v/LjmL7epYDVq6V

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/8133689/IDMActivator630x_by_xanax__05.03.2018_.rar.html

Tested only on Win 10 x64 and IDM 6.30 Build 7 (Retail)

Note: maybe there is possibility where IDMan.exe will be to short open to process monitor catch keys we need if you use it on high speed internet

then try change download test sample to some bigger instead current on line 117 ( https://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorer.zip ) which is only 1.84 MB

I just installed and used your patch.

works nice for Me.

Thanks xanax :-)

On 3/5/2018 at 3:39 AM, BTJB said:

I am stuck to Adguard block

You make it sound like a bad thing. Why so?

I was courteous enough to help you out last time, would have helped you again, if you only just asked.

I just checked my system again, there is no problem with AdGuard blocking granted that the system is 'clean' beforehand.

The answer @dcs18 is yes. Because IDM is working (none message) every day fine (but there is a trouble after the update).

I understand (the skeptical) but otherwise IDM won't work (unless to use a trial reset ? The last time I had try it was restore for 3 or 4 days).

No I can't tell why because I just don't have the knowledge... But that's true because I don't forget to update W10 every month (I rather to proceed manually).

5 hours ago, Ecarion said:

The answer @dcs18 is yes. Because IDM is working (none message) every day fine (but there is a trouble after the update).

I understand (the skeptical) but otherwise IDM won't work (unless to use a trial reset ? The last time I had try it was restore for 3 or 4 days).

No I can't tell why because I just don't have the knowledge... But that's true because I don't forget to update W10 every month (I rather to proceed manually).

It's very hard to understand are you using windows firewall to block IDM or are you using trial reset? :s

Pardon I will try to clarify but sometimes my english is limited (not my first language).

No I haven't use a trial reset since a very long time (months then I was wondering : perhaps it could be another solution ? I ignore but I'm very skeptical because I have a bad memory from the last time). The question was in the case if the Windows firewall might cause another trouble in the futur.

Because it was configured by the Windows Firewall Control (WFC a few years ago). And I don't know for that reason this time it was different. But apparently the trouble happened when IDM was updated.

Dukun Cabul

@Ecarion

If you don't mind....

1. Uninstall IDM

2. Remove all firewall rules related to IDM

3. Check if there are registry keys protected by any hacktool

4. Run RTKF to cleanup your registry

5. Re-install IDM

6. Start whatever you want to test with your IDM 

OMG.. what a confusion when the patch 16.1 by Ali.DBG working whitout a problems for months and months.........

Archived