Electra 1.0.x Final iOS 11 Jailbreak With Cydia Released

ADN

There may be multiple different players in the jailbreak community all looking to offer solutions, but we’ve always admired those who keep trying to produce great work for the benefit of device owners.

That admiration is extended to CoolStar, most recently for his creation and publishing of the Electra jailbreak for iOS 11, and the fact that it’s been tirelessly updated. Well, there is now a new update available, and it’s one you’re going to want to take notice of as it features a very special addition.

iOS-11-jailbreak-electra-1200.jpg

CoolStar and his band of highly-capable merry men have finally released the final 1.0.x version of Electra jailbreak, complete with Cydia Installer support built right in. This version of Electra jailbreak is deemed stable enough and hence is marked as 1.0 rather than any beta or RC. Just about anyone can go ahead and download it right now.

For those who don’t know, Electra works with iOS 11.0-11.1.2 firmwares and is compatible with all 64-bit devices, including iPhone X, as long as those devices are running the aforementioned compatible firmwares. This is because Electra is based of Ian Beer’s exploit which was only applicable on iOS 11.0-11.1.2.

Original released back as beta in January sans Cydia, this latest final version of the tool is the first jailbreak for iOS 11 which offers support for Cydia out-of-the-box.

Cydia-iOS-11-Electra-jailbreak.png

As for the jailbreak process, it pretty much remains exactly the same. Once the latest version of the Electra jailbreak is downloaded, and the IPA is sideloaded to the device, the jailbreak process will be exactly as it was previously, but this time with the added benefit of actually installing a usable version of Cydia to the device. And yes, that means that compatible tweaks and packages will be able to be installed through the Cydia interface.

Here are important notes from changelog of Electra 1.0.x:

An APFS snapshot is created of / so you may revert it at a later date if needed

Substitute, Tweak Loader and Substrate Compatibility Layer available from Electra repo

Many packages need to be updated for both Electra and iOS 11 (make sure they’re updated before installing as they may not work yet)

It’s great news for device owners that CoolStar and his highly capable team have once again put the effort to the benefit of the jailbreak community even before Saurik could come up with his own “promised” jailbreak with iOS 11 Cydia update.

Final version of Electra jailbreak for iOS 11 can be downloaded from coolstar.org/electra/. Once downloaded, you can follow our guide here on how to jailbreak your device using Electra: How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra With Cydia [Tutorial].

Redmondpie.com

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am always eager to install Cydia on my iPhone. Currently I have iOS 12.4. And planning to update to iOS 13. I heard this cydia app is compatible with latest iOS versions. But i didn't try this yet. I am going to install this app as soon as possible within this week.

Archived