Looking for Useful Userscripts

Knightmare

8 hours ago, Knightmare said:

Is Adguard for pc free? I know that it goes for a 14 day trial but I didn't know if you could continue using it after that with limited features?

Unfortunately, the good things in life rarely come free — have posted a brief piece about AdGuard (for those interested.)

4 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I use Hostsman to get the MVPS hosts and the Malware Domains hosts. Browsing is fast, but I still feel vulnerable.

I'd switch-over completely from HostsMan (if I were you) and instead, use the MVPS HOSTS and/or other domain-blocking Subscription List/s directly on uMatrix — would speed-up browsing even further as opposed to using two different programs for the same purpose that start vying with each other and causing potential conflicts.

4 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I might see if I can add some IP addresses to cFosSpeed to make it so that I won't need uBlock.

You'll still need the dynamic blocking capabilities of uBlock against some elements (including cosmetic) which the blocking of uMatrix cannot handle.

• Replies 33
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still playing around with settings, I switched on Tracking Protection and Do Not Track in Firefox. I wasn't sure if this is recommended or if EasyPrivacy list will already do this.

Would Policy Control be an alternative to uMatrix?

Personally, I don't use Subscription Lists — don't think that any of the Subscription Lists or even one's custom rules are capable of enabling/disabling Tracking (some ad. blocker like AdGuard though, do possess separate options to limit Tracking and other privacy-intrusions, to a certain extent.)

Don't have any working experience with Policy Control — according to its author, it's seems like an alternative to NoScript (so long as you retain a backup of your recent-best Mozilla profile, should be worth trying it out.) yXZVmpE.gif

On 3/5/2018 at 2:15 AM, dcs18 said:

Personally, I don't use Subscription Lists — don't think that any of the Subscription Lists or even one's custom rules are capable of enabling/disabling Tracking (some ad. blocker like AdGuard though, do possess separate options to limit Tracking and other privacy-intrusions, to a certain extent.)

Don't have any working experience with Policy Control — according to its author, it's seems like an alternative to NoScript (so long as you retain a backup of your recent-best Mozilla profile, should be worth trying it out.) yXZVmpE.gif

Policeman was the other addon that I couldn't remember. It's like a simplified version of uMatrix, but it's not available for new versions of Firefox.

I ended up going with the ublock + umatrix combo. umatrix is pretty easy once you understand what all of the numbers and columns mean.

• 4 weeks later...

That's right because despite my attempts (at different moment over one year), I wasn't able to understand the GUI of uBlock.

At the contrary, I don't have this trouble with the GUI of uMatrix (and I still believe it could be improve : no the CSS and the fonts there aren't the same thing, etc).

No I haven't forget Policeman too. Because it was a good addon and sometimes I wish uMatrix will be inspired. Policeman was better for another reason : it wasn't confusing (each elements (allowed or blocked) was present (not a single column but inside one list of url)). Because if you want to see one picture (video, etc) inside another tabs, it was easy (click on the links).

On 3/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, Knightmare said:

I ended up going with the ublock + umatrix combo. umatrix is pretty easy once you understand what all of the numbers and columns mean.

How has your experience been after almost one month of usage? Or have you changed your setup a bit?

7 hours ago, Undertaker said:

How has your experience been after almost one month of usage? Or have you changed your setup a bit?

Haven't changed it. It's going really well! I love this combo! It's faster and it seems to be pretty good at blocking the bad stuff. I like the delete blocked cookies feature too! I was using Cookie Auto Delete, but since uMatrix has a cookie delete feature, I don't need that extension. I'm getting really fast loading times despite using all of the assets, but my internet is pretty fast and I use cFosSpeed. Very, very happy with this setup. I would recommend it to my friends, but I don't think they would like the fact that you have to manually configure a lot of sites. I will say that the whitelist asset that they added in the new version didn't do anything for me. I unchecked that and I'm just manually making whitelists as I browse. Will definitely recommend this setup to anyone on this site though!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived