Windscribe - free VPN version

vitorio

https://windscribe.com

Installed it this morning and after testing it in my Windows 7 64 bits PC and Android phone I considered it excellent for me until now.

Reasons:

-Free

How much does Windscribe cost?

If you are a light user, you can use Windscribe for free. You get up to 10GB of data per month, and you can use all of the tools we offer. If you need more data, for just $9/month you get unlimited usage. You probably spend 10x that on coffee alone!

-Easy to installed

-On/off when needed

-Have app to my Android phone

-Really fast

Cruise Control is a unique Windscribe feature that automatically connects you to the best server which is closest to you, so you have optimal speeds, while at the same time automatically switches to a necessary location that you would need in order to bypass geo-blocked content.

-Servers available, free version:

-US Central

-US East

-US West

-Canada East

-Canada West

-France

-Gernany

-Luxembourg

-Netherlands

-Norway

-Romania

-Switzerland

-United kingdom

-Hong Kong

And the most important to me for the need of VPN is that I finally connected to a radio station, using Tunein Radio that was not available to my region.

I registered as a free user and even offered you additional free data in promotions if you wish.

Great recommendation to me from Recruit and until now with my little experience using it I also recommended it.

Any further issues using it I will let you know.

Thanks.

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@vitorio Did you tested Windscribe for DNS leak, or IP leak? If you care for your privacy, you shouldn't trust in this VPN. If you don't care... keep using it.

All depends on your decision.

33 minutes ago, Chatman said:

Did you tested Windscribe for DNS leak, or IP leak? If you care for your privacy, you shouldn't trust in this VPN

Have you tested it ? Please do tell us the results, and,  also referring to the above screenshots.

1 hour ago, Recruit said:

Have you tested it ? Please do tell us the results, and,  also referring to the above screenshots.

I do not tested Windscribe for DNS leak, or IP leak since my only purpose is to connect to public sites not available to my region.

I know this information is from their site( windscribe.com) but sounds to me reasonable:

Will Windscribe make me 100% anonymous?

Unlikely. Achieving complete anonymity online is extremely difficult if not impossible. Anyone who claims otherwise most likely has a pair of pants that are on fire. Windscribe will get you 90% there, however the last 10% entirely depends on the user.

Do you have IPv6 and DNS leak protection?

Yes, IPv6 connectivity is firewalled at the client, and all DNS requests get made through the tunnel, resolving domains at the VPN server. This overrides your ISP DNS so you cannot be snooped on by them.

great sharing @vitorio!

imo:
I have used Windscribe for a long time and I like it because besides being free (even with GB limitation); has the ability to use it both in the desktop version and / or the "built-in" (extension) version in the most used browsers; has no annoying "ads"; has interesting alternatives countries to connect. The amount of band offered is renewed automatically each month (the manufacturer notifies the renewal by email) and as said by @sedative you can extend the offer of GB / month in the various periodic promotions.
nota bene: A long time ago I did check on the leaks, but for my daily use there is nothing scary.
Finally I add that as a normal user with "limited resources" is a great app and I recommend how useful including testing in VBoxes with several versions of windows.

15 minutes ago, vitorio said:

How I get the voucher?

Go here : https://windscribe.com/myaccount

1. Log in
2. Click on " Claim Voucher "
3. In voucher code insert it and click on " Claim " and see what will happen. I cannot check it, I already got a promo in the past.

Not sure if it is still valid. Do tell us if worked for you , or not.

Good luck !;)

Y2wfi9p.png

27 minutes ago, vitorio said:

How I get the voucher?

Sorry but I dont remember exactly to appoint the direction, maybe via web, maybe via mail from the owner.

But promotion is periodically amended

I remember that  more than once  @Dino101 shared in the giveaway section about these offer:

On 12/10/2017 at 4:58 AM, Dino101 said:

112103_1.jpgWindscribe VPN: 50 GB per month for free

etcetera e tal.............................

24 minutes ago, Radpop said:

GOTD60GB
SOS50GBF

Two code more, maybe expired or not, if you want to try.

Vouchers provided are invalid. Thanks anyway.

8 minutes ago, vitorio said:

Vouchers provided are invalid. Thanks anyway.

More will come....just keep your eyes on the Giveaways forum.

19 minutes ago, bb2018 said:

Medicine ? I need Windscribe VPN Unlimited. :lol:

Second that !! Maybe the wizards should go after it now :D 

5 hours ago, Recruit said:

Yes, I've tested this VPN. I do not criticize, just for the sake of commenting.

Take a look at these screenshots (masterpiece made by... FastStone Capture) ;)

Qa7qx0Z.png
8XM01kW.png
kJwb0wj.png

@Chatman

In the last two screenshots I see ip DNS from the same IP class with that one assigned by the client.......so no dns leak.

In first screenshot the IP Class is different , but the dns name looks fine.

While real DNS are not shown, that idiot site can tell whatever it wants....

4 minutes ago, Recruit said:

@Chatman

In the last two screenshots I see ip DNS from the same IP class with that one assigned by the client.......so no dns leak.

In first screenshot the IP Class is different , but the dns name looks fine.

While real DNS are not shown, that idiot site can tell whatever it wants....

Yeah , even I was dumbfounded after looking at  that !!

Like your test results came out but the doctor still said you might have AIDS !:blink:

@Recruit I will not argue with you if that site is idiot or not. All I know is that ”idiot” site shows for NordVPN, F-Secure Freedome and for other very few VPNs that there is no DNS leak. So, I trust in that site as many others from here. Do not take it personal.

9 minutes ago, Chatman said:

Sorry if I trust in that site and I do not trust in your opinion

Also sorry because I trust my head first rather than your site....;)

Archived