A Man has sued Microsoft and it’s CEO for upgrading his windows

tao

According to a formal complaint filed last week on February 14, Frank K. Dickman Jr. of Albuquerque, New Mexico, is accusing Microsoft because of a brute forced Windows 10 upgrade.

“I own an ASUS 54L laptop machine which has an OEM license for Windows Version 7,” Dickman’s case reads. “The machine was upgraded to Windows Version 10 and grew non-functional immediately. The upgrade removed the cached, or backup, version of Windows 7.”

Dickman states that the laptop’s genuine OEM vendor is “irresponsible,” hence, he cannot obtain a valid copy of Windows 7 to downgrade his laptop.

Attempts to reach a new Windows 7 account from Microsoft have failed, per the plaintiff’s claim.

“Microsoft Corporation protests to replace their licensed Operating system for this laptop and requires that the machine vendor replace it,” the lawsuit reads.

Dickman wants Microsoft to provide a “the OEM version of its Windows 7 operating system” for download via its standard website so he can download and install it on his bricked laptop.

The angry plaintiff wants the authority to force Microsoft to comply with his request in 30 days or pay up $600 million in damages albeit the judge may evaluate the damages as $6 billion due to a redaction error, as the charge reads “$6,000,000,000.00.”

Dickman’s legal effort may fall flat on its face, but he’s not the only one suing the company. In March 2017, various users filed a lawsuit seeking class-action status against Microsoft, also soliciting monetary damages after admitting botched Windows7-to-Windows10 forced grades that left many unable to use their computers.

Microsoft’s controversial forced Windows 10 upgrade practice has also gotten the company in trouble with German authorities, but the company withdrew any penalties after it reached an agreement to stop forced upgrades.

< Here >

• Replies 8
  • Views 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Microsoft’s controversial forced Windows 10 upgrade practice has also gotten the company in trouble with German authorities, but the company withdrew any penalties after it reached an agreement to stop forced upgrades.

Well obviously it hasn't stopped m$oft using forced updates upon the people, i hope he :spank:them.

I thought back when they made Windows 7 they put a sticker on the machine  with the oem key ? You can still download Windows 7 off the Internet  even if its not from Microsoft  the Internet archive have all version of old windows for download lol . Windows 8.1 can be activated by pulling the OEM key out of the BIOS even,  this was after they stop shipping PCs with there keys on the case.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and put Windows 8.1 back in using this trick a year latter lol. Even if he don't have a key it's not Microsoft's problem if the PC don't come with  a key they came with  a option  to make back up DVD  or  6 generation or lower Dells even  came with OEM  DVD from the vendor . Even my old SYX  Vista PC  came with a OEM Disc  and Microsoft sent me a DVD with a Windows 7 key for free for it.

Even if Microsoft some how forced  upgraded you're PC witch you would  have to be able to prove ,  they gave Windows  7 and 8.1 users  so many days to roll back . I know this because I upgraded my old SYX  with a windows 10 DVD  and rolled back to Windows 7 without a DVD  and it still  has Windows 7 on it now. If you didn't like Windows 10 . or they force upgraded you , it looks like that would of been the 1st thing you done was roll back?

Dickman failed to realize the EULA agreement says somewhere in there Microsoft has the right to upgrade your software at any time it wants, same with Apple. No one reads the long EULA, but i am betting he will not win.

Windows 10/7 EULA

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm
https://www.strath.ac.uk/media/ps/its/its-software/Windows_7_Professional_English_7bb89e9f-20ea-4555-892f-394539ec1090.pdf

They may have the right  but  only a noob  would let them do it without you wanting them too ,   all you had to do back when when they was giving away Windows 10 was turn updates off and uncheck  and hide the  2 updates  that were for installing windows 10 .  Now updates are much worse  for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1  due  to the closed nature of windows  and cumulative updates across all Windows OS,  if you do updates at all,  they can put anything  they want in Windows updates .

This is why i  no longer use windows on a daily basis,  why should i risk my security just to use windows  and not do updates  and why should I do updates on windows and risk my privacy ? So i do all my updates on Linux when i get ready too  each one is open and can be reviewed . I still have Windows  but hardly ever boot into it and I just have Windows 10 now because they can put anything they want in any OS updates  and if you think different you just trying to fool yourself . My PC with windows 7 i never use,  its  just a spare  that i never turn on but about once a year if I ever need it i will just put Linux on it lol .

I can block Windows 10 from self upgrading and updating  with just changing zones in my Firewall  and it don't have a place to turn updates off ,  so people  who were on Windows 7 and 8.1 were had the ability to  not install  updates for Windows 10 and claim  they forced  them on Windows 10 on it was BS   . If this was so Windows 7 would not still  had almost half of all Windows users left  after they stopped  putting   free Windows 10 upgrades on Windows 7 .  Sooner or latter Windows 10 is going to over take Windows 7 anyway  because it runs out of security updates in a few years.

Some people should not even be allowed  to have a PC,  if  they don't know how to maintain them , just like people who use software cracks and don't know how to read a nfo and make it work or are scared of them should not use them and just like people who bitch and fuss that there Kodi  don't work should use apks  or something else .  All  these jobs  in IT  and  Illegal Boxes are created on peoples stupidity. I would be ashamed to go in front of the world and  show I was noob like many  idiots do everyday . If they spent half the time researching   for answerers as the did at complaining they  would  not have much to complain about. 

On 23/2/2018 at 9:52 PM, steven36 said:

They may have the right  but  only a noob  would let them do it without you wanting them too

According to my experience in the circle of my friends, all of them Windows users, most of computer users, even professionals, like engineers, economists, accountants and lawyers, are what might be qualified "noobs". Even those who has been using Windows since ages ago, even experts using quite complex Windows applications like Excel, Autocad or Photoshop, has no real idea and no interest to know, how Windows works.

Some of them have been "ambushed" by the Windows 10 update and up to their knowledge never were asked for an option to keep Windows 7 or 8.1

Again, I'm not an expert in legal questons but I'm sure that Microsoft can defend itself producing some kind of consent of users for this unwanted update and further they might prove that it's just a kid's stuff to do a rollback to the previous version without confronting a disaster, so any problem should be attributed to an error of the user. The question is, has this user any probability of winning a demand against Microsoft because of a brute forced Windows 10 upgrade?

3 hours ago, luisam said:

The question is, has this user any probability of winning a demand against Microsoft because of a brute forced Windows 10 upgrade?

I doubt it  there would of  been more chance of them settling out of court if he was not asking for a ridiculous amount of money over a key you could buy off  ebay for $28. :lol:  Microsoft even won against the US government before . If he was to win they would just keep appealing it  tell he goes broke or gives up . Only  ones who won against M$ were Governments and some companies who had enough money to fight them before.  :)

Archived