Uninstaller software

Betts1964

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I like Total Uninstall. I consider it to be best in his area. Then it is Revo Uninstaller Pro, according with my options.

I think Total Uninstall has best cleaning for files stored & also for junk registry keys.
I also used other features of it like Force Uninstall & Monitored Apps.

It has also the feature to uninstall Metro Apps.in Windows 8.1/10 but I do not used it. For this job I like DISM or to remove them "out of box" through MSMG Toolkit....

Some people say that it is a bit aggressive, but anyone is free to decide which is best for him/her.......:)

Regards,

;)

Another vote for Revo Uninstaller Pro...

I used to use Uninstall Tool beforehand and one other. The name of this software escapes me, but it wasn't very controllable and ultimately f**ked up my machine.

CCleaner has an uninstall programs section under "Tools"...

b(-_-)d

Soft Organizer by Chemtable.

Removes all traces, even those little registry entries that mark the date you started using a trial....

Of course, you have to monitor the install and first run to fully uninstall .....

For little things I use Regshot. (Sourceforge has it).

Another vote for Revo Uninstaller.

And one more vote for Revo Uninstaller Pro (I used for a short time Total Uninstall but it was to slow on my computer)

3 hours ago, Radpop said:

Hibit Uninstaller.

Does it have "Rescue Center" or similar feature now? I would vote for it too if it does.

Otherwise I'd go with:

1. Revo Uninstaller, both free and Pro are equally good. In most cases free is enough for average users.

2. Bulk Crap Uninstaller. It's good for bulk (duh) uninstalling several programs simultaneously. Very useful on its own rights.

3 hours ago, trufpal said:

Does it have "Rescue Center" or similar feature now? I would vote for it too if it does.

I have used lately Ashampoo, BCU, Iobit, Soft Organizer, Revo Pro, earlier Geek, Wise, Vit, Argente, Ccleaner, Winutilities... Hibit is a newbie and my first choice, but I've nothing against Revo. Hibit registry cleaner makes backups and maybe uninstaller can also restore something.

hibit.thumb.PNG.d6ba25a55b7c4af11f31f2d2f44d00ea.PNG

2 hours ago, Radpop said:

I have used lately Ashampoo, BCU, Iobit, Soft Organizer, Revo Pro, earlier Geek, Wise, Vit, Argente, Ccleaner, Winutilities... Hibit is a newbie and my first choice, but I've nothing against Revo. Hibit registry cleaner makes backups and maybe uninstaller can also restore something.

hibit.thumb.PNG.d6ba25a55b7c4af11f31f2d2f44d00ea.PNG

That's interesting. I think I have to test it again next time. I have a feeling that it has great potential to be one of the best uninstaller programs.

My only complaint is the developer doesn't seem provide any changelogs for the updates.

HiBit Uninstaller certainly feels like a good piece of work, so thank you for the heads-up @Radpop and @trufpal.

I like how this software is totally free and has a portable version too.

Of course, the idea of *voluntarily* using any software developed in Iran (hibitsoft.ir -- not live linked) is a novel one that interests me…

And all the added extras really clinched it. See the screenshot!

It is early days, but these tools look cautious and conservative in their mode of operation. This is always a good starting point with the "delicate" (read: *unstable*) flower that is Windows 10.

I will be watching for further updates to the application in question. I wish my comrades and the developer well...

b(-_-)d

screenshot.png

I've used Soft Organizer (and Reg Organizer - same uninstaller as SoftOrganizer plus some useful, well-designed registry tools, both from Chemtable) for the last few years. I compare against others occasionally (and Total Uninstall regularly) but Soft Organizer always does the best for me. Both tools from Chemtable also have a "Loftovers" find/remove function that cleans up after programs that have not been completely removed by other uninstallers.  It's handy that Chemtable makes a portable version of Reg Organizer as well, though you can get both apps in portable versions from jooseng's website (portableappc dot com) also. I haven't heard of HiBit before, so I guess I'll check it out sometime soon, but I would be surprised if it if I found any reason to switch from Chemtable's tools. I wonder if the developers know that "Hibit" is the slang term for horse meat served as food :s!

6 hours ago, BioHazard said:

I have tried Soft Organize and it works great :w00t:

Ieeltf5.png

Iol :ph34r: 

vote for Uninstall Tool is No. 1 :win:

Revo Uninstaller Pro lover here. I was one of the lucky SOB's that got a lifetime free license via their birthday celebration.

I've never tried Total Uninstaller, but if it cleans up better than Revo (I've found remaining files and what not after an uninstall with Revo) then it might be worth looking into. 

Archived