Galaxy S9 leak spills official accessory secrets

Reefa

Galaxy S9 leak spills official accessory secrets

The Galaxy S9’s official launch may be just weeks away, but Samsung can’t seem to staunch the flow of pre-announcement leaks. With images of the Galaxy S9 itself, its DeX Dock accessories, and more all in the wild, we’ve got a pretty good idea ahead of Mobile World Congress 2018 as to what to expect. Now, a fresh batch of leaks has shown off some more of Samsung’s secrets.

Samsung is already expected to have at least four color variants of the Galaxy S9. That includes a new purple Galaxy S9, along with the familiar blue which Samsung has made a mainstay of its line-up for some years now. Which variants will launch in the US initially is unclear, however: if Samsung stays true to form, US Galaxy S9 buyers will only get a couple of the options – historically, the less exciting colors, it has to be said – with more hues arriving further down the line.

An option, of course, is to add a case to throw in some new color, and that’s just what has leaked today. Roland Quandt has revealed a bevy of what are purportedly official Samsung Galaxy S9 cases, and there are some surprises in the mix. Samsung isn’t just flirting with color, it seems, but a whole host of textures and more.

For example, there’s a “sporty and light” Hyperknit Cover, which has a hashed texture that should be extra-grippy. A Silicone Cover, meanwhile, promises a “silky and soft-touch finish” instead, while an Alcantara Cover claims to be even more “luxurious” still. Those more cautious about dropping their Galaxy S9+, meanwhile, might prefer to opt for the Protective Standard Cover, which supports MIL-STD-810G-516.7 military-specification ruggedness.

Samsung-Galaxy-S9-cases-leak.jpg

Then there are more functional covers. Most notably, Samsung is bringing back the Clear View Standing Cover, a folio which not only covers the screen when closed, but wraps around in the opposite direction to prop the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ up at an angle for standalone video playback. The cover has a translucent section which shows the Galaxy S9’s always-on clock, battery status, date, and any notification icons on the lock screen.

As you’d expect, each of the different families of cover are being offered in a variety of colors, too. Pricing is unclear at this stage, but Samsung’s official covers and cases for the Galaxy S8 range from around $30-50, depending on style. It seems likely that the official Galaxy S9 cases will follow a similar pattern.

Of course, given the popularity of the Galaxy series, Samsung’s own cases absolutely won’t be your only option. We’re expecting third-party covers and cases to be widely available, running the gamut from rugged options from Otterbox, through to more low-key leather wraps and models with space for money, credit cards, and more. Most will likely have cut-outs for the Galaxy S9 and S9+’s key improvement over the S8: its new dual-aperture camera.

That’s expected to offer two different physical apertures in the same camera sensor, which would be a first for smartphones. The Galaxy S9+, meanwhile, is also anticipated to throw in a second rear camera, allowing for things like portrait-mode photography. We’ll know more on the Galaxy S9 when Samsung officially announces it at MWC 2018.

source

• Replies 5
  • Views 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samsung is my best favorite manufacturer of SmartPhone ; i have Galaxy s8. The best Phone I've ever had !  :)

NorthEastKnight

I have and love the Galaxy Note 8 and I shall never go back to Apple iPhone crap. I used to think the IPhone 8 Plus was the bees knees, the they brought out the X version which is total shite.

1 minute ago, NorthEastKnight said:

the X version of Apple

Which is is funny ; half of phone is manufactured by Samsung. ( The screen and more )  :D

Same here @snf : I have a Galaxy S8.

Over all, it is fine, but there is only one thing for which I am not pleased : If I will root it I will lose the warranty. This is the biggest disadvantage for me, at least....

This summer I will buy S9 : not when it will be released becuase, as usual, I am not willing to pay their developments costs.....

In my country, the price will be cut off with 20-25% in about 3, 4 months since it has been released.

Regards,

;)

@Recruit

22 minutes ago, Recruit said:

If I will root it I will lose the warranty.

In my country  the "after sales service" don't care if rooted or not and stay warranty ( Knox 1 ).

But have method on the web ;  with Odin for root with Knox stay 0.

Best regards :)

Archived