Opera 51.0.2830.26

anuraag

Opera is a web browser developed by Opera Software. Features include tabbed browsing, page zooming, mouse gestures, and an integrated download manager. Its security features include built-in phishing and malware protection and the ability to delete private data such as HTTP cookies. Opera is designed with your life in mind. The day is short and productivity is essential, so let the Opera Web browser help you tackle your 'to do' list.

Thanks to EGYGO for the update.

Download

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not recommend installing this version yet - it suffers from an annoying Chromium bug which removes cookies on exit (so you always get logged out of various websites, such as Twitter). This appears to be a Chromium-specific issue in version 64.0.3282.119. Apparently this is fixed in Chromium 64.0.3282.140.

Opera has been my main browser since its early days when it was ad-supported. In my view, it was and still is an underrated browser. It was ahead of its time in many respects, like the introduction of tabbed browsing and “paste and go”. Its comparatively low user basis (Presto engine), actually gave it a strong security advantage, as it was left alone by hackers who went for the masses.

The latest version 51 has the for me very useful feature of taking you to the top of the page and back again where you were by clicking on its tab. Of course, you can get to the top of the page by leaving the mouse, using the keyboard to press the two keys Ctrl+Home and then back to the mouse. But that’s not as direct. And then how do you get back to where you were?

So far, there is no other way to view flash objects. Unfortunately, or fortunately, there are a lot of web sites where flash objects are used and I think, they will stay there for a while because still not nothing, with what can replace them.
If somebody speaks about security, should know, it is between the viewer ears
 and is not anywhere else.
 But some people do not have there anything other than hair, but some haven't even them...

Why does one person talk about such a stupidity, I can not understand.

Archived