AVG Anti-Virus 17.8 Build 3036

jalaffa

Essential protection that won't get in your way! If you use your computer every day, you need protection that's always there, constantly keeping you safe. With AVG Anti-Virus, you get hassle-free protection against today's most sophisticated threats, online and offline. AVG Anti-Virus includes our unique LinkScanner® to prevent you from accidentally visiting harmful sites. It's faster, smarter security that won't slow you down. AVG Antivirus is one of the most complete programs we have found to date. It includes many new options to make it one of the most effective virus scanners on the market. It is still plagued by horrible slowdowns at times. Even things so simple as just typing an IM can be stopped for several seconds for some reason. If you can get passed the occasional slowdowns of your computer, the scanning functionality of AVG Antivirus is top of the line. With the rewrite of the scanning engine, AVG includes multi-processor support.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAAaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!! Danger, danger Will Robinson!!!!!:D:D:D

Just a heads up for the future you guys...if you decide to uninstall AVG one day to change to another antivirus system do a very thorough cleanup of the AVG you had installed. I uninstalled it and then ran AVG Remover as recommended by AVG themselves. I then installed another company's security system. I thought everything was fine, but then I noticed Firefox was taking 24 seconds to open on startup (always 24 seconds), also Firefox didn't remember my window sizes and Tor stopped working. After banging my head against the wall for several days trying all kinds of suggested solutions, I did a manual search through my computer and found in the Windows system 32 folder about 17 folders and files of AVG...obviously their AVG Remover tool doesn't completely remove all traces as they promise. So I manually deleted most of the unwanted files, but a few wouldn't delete. So I ran AVG's other tool "AVG Clear" and also booted into safe mode and deleted the last stubborn parts. Firefox and TOR are working fine now. So make sure you check every nook and cranny if you ever uninstall AVG!!!

To add insult to injury, during the clean up with AVG Clear it identified ESET as "an incompatible antivirus" and "kindly" offered to uninstall it !!!! :D:D:D

37 minutes ago, funkyy said:

Just a heads up for the future you guys...if you decide to uninstall AVG one day to change to another antivirus system do a very thorough cleanup of the AVG you had installed. I uninstalled it and then ran AVG Remover as recommended by AVG themselves. I then installed another company's security system. I thought everything was fine, but then I noticed Firefox was taking 24 seconds to open on startup (always 24 seconds), also Firefox didn't remember my window sizes and Tor stopped working. After banging my head against the wall for several days trying all kinds of suggested solutions, I did a manual search through my computer and found in the Windows system 32 folder about 17 folders and files of AVG...obviously their AVG Remover tool doesn't completely remove all traces as they promise. So I manually deleted most of the unwanted files, but a few wouldn't delete. So I ran AVG's other tool "AVG Clear" and also booted into safe mode and deleted the last stubborn parts. Firefox and TOR are working fine now. So make sure you check every nook and cranny if you ever uninstall AVG!!!

To add insult to injury, during the clean up with AVG Clear it identified ESET as "an incompatible antivirus" and "kindly" offered to uninstall it !!!! :D:D:D

With anti of avg i don't use. i just use vpn of avg.

Speed of avg vpn very fast and i can hack avg vpn.  :secret:

It's the version 15.0.34.20...... dated 30/01/2018. I need to update manually to obtain this ?

Wrong thread......

Archived