Daum PotPlayer 1.7.8556

anuraag

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum. Supports almost every available video formats out there. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include Webcam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting. PotPlayer is a network of Daum's players have their own independent copyright, not by the original Mr. Jiang Longxi, KMPlayer by the original author of the independent development of the follow-up. Current (1428 or later) KMPlayer by the team responsible for the collective Pandora.TV Because the development of the same developers PotPlayer into the natural KMPlayer part of the essence.

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 12
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm experiencing interruption in streaming TV on some sites. Version 1.7.7150 x64 doesn't have this problem.

35 minutes ago, Blackbird52 said:

Download 2 time and result is 1.7.7150, maybe there is a bug and they revert back to previous version.

x32 1.7.8556
http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Version/Latest/PotPlayerSetup.exe

x64 1.7.8556

http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer64/Version/Latest/PotPlayerSetup64.exe

Link post of @ARMOUR

5 minutes ago, snf said:

same 1.7.7150 but it is so by my country IP, just came to my mind to check it by VPN ( UK ) and TADA! result is 1.7.8556 maybe some bizarre Regional or Sanction policy!!!

5 minutes ago, Blackbird52 said:

same 1.7.7150 but it is so by my country IP, just came to my mind to check it by VPN ( UK ) and TADA! result is 1.7.8556 maybe some bizarre Regional or Sanction policy!!!

:think::s

I won't install it till a newer clean version is out. My older install is acting funny too and is not auto updating. I don't like auto updating. 

7 hours ago, Blackbird52 said:

Alternative Download Link for v1.7.8556

x32: http://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/PotPlayer/Version/20180201_1.7.8556/PotPlayerSetup.exe
x64: http://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/PotPlayer/Version/20180201_1.7.8556/PotPlayerSetup64.exe

Although I keep right up to date on this player, just yesterday I rolled over an older v1.6.63896 (I keep installed backups of many of the versions of PotPlayer) to see of there was any noticeable difference and yes there was.. The older version loads up larger videos (as in anything from 300mb to maybe 9 Gb in size from YT) much faster,, a fraction of the time than v1.7.7150 takes. I'm sure there's a "technical" reason for this but at the end of the day I'm not so sure if they are heading down the right track...

InsaneAl

If you have issues. Send an email to the developer. The email is on the main page of potplayer.daum.net. 

The developer does fix all bugs you mention to him. He will also add features if they are good enough. 

It is in my eyes the best player at the moment. 

worldstream,

I agree with you,, the best player for me too, and at the end of the day I am SURE that this has happened as a natural development (in other words - it is a normal part of its updated operation). I began noticing the slower loading about 3 releases ago, only in the 1.7.xxx's,, BUT,, it doesn't actually inhibit the players ability at all, just loads some videos slower but begins playing them immediately like normal. I guess it's just buffering them differently, or it may even be my PC's setup - so many people overlook this possibilty...

PotPlayer is a great multimedia player. Thanks for the suggestion though...!!!

InsaneAl

Archived