[2xSolved] Various issues with posting pics on nsane

mona

29 minutes ago, mona said:

the test

using Android native copy function , instaed of clicking ‘‘copy‘“ button on PostImage site

przyja_psa_i_kota.jpg%20

Is that image?!

https://s25.postimg.org/8142s1elb/przyja_psa_i_kota.jpg

It has a space ( %20 ) after the .jpg... I received the 403 forbidden error when trying to view it by your post... With no space, it opens...

Edit your post and make sure there is no space after the jpg...

Edited by WALLONN7

@WALLONN7  I am aware that I can edit the code by removing ”%20‘‘. I did it several times in several posts (tests) above, when testing all my browsers.

However I've read very informative post of @DKT27  here  and found it worth testing another way of coping the image link to clipboard.  Unfortunatelly it didn't work either. (of course I could edit the code manually afterwards, but it's not the case now).

My main interest now is finding out if there is any way to avoid adding  this SPACE to pic links by who/what ? (well, probably Android/colliding apps)

1 minute ago, mona said:

@WALLONN7  I am aware that I can edit the code by removing ”%20‘‘. I did it several times in several posts (tests) above, when testing all my browsers.

Sorry... I missed something...

1 minute ago, mona said:

My main interest now is finding out if there is any way to avoid adding  this SPACE to pic links by who/what ? (well, probably Android/colliding apps)

Same issue occurs when you're coping and pasting words?!

@WALLONN7

Here are my findings :

#1  link gets copied on  postimage site  (the end of the link is marked correctly)

na_stronie.jpg

#2  now the link is being pasted in forum editing window

NOTE : the coursor marks the end of the link incorrectly !

Scs_2018-01-30_170606.jpg

#3  I changed the coursor position manually

skorygowany_kursor_forum.jpg

The result is the same in case of  #2  and  #3  and both pics turn to be broken.  So manual correction of the coursor  position doesn't prevent SPACE creation...

@DKT27  @WALLONN7  and others  :

my question is :

do these tests results add anything to resolving of the problem  ?      

@WALLONN7

No, no with ordinary words and even all other links  (coursor marking the end of the links is also natively placed correctly)

The issue occurs only  when trying to insert links to the pic using  ’INSERT OTHER MEDIA’’ option.

Edited by mona

4 minutes ago, mona said:

Tried that option before and the results are exactly the same (= SPACE is being added)

OK, copy the URL like you are doing and open a new tab and paste the image URL there, is the space still being added?

• Like 3

But there is something NEW :

I posted bunch of pics linked to IMGUR (note : another host) today  here.

They were of .webp format though.

Guess what  -  everything went like a charm.

SPACE wasn't added and pics showed right away after posting as they should.

?  ?  ?      :think:

Edited by mona

17 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

OK, copy the URL like you are doing and open a new tab and paste the image URL there, is the space still being added?

The URL  -   any kind of URL or  pic URL hosted on PostImage  ?

Now :  not sure if you want me to post it in a new tab address bar or somewhere else  ?

Thanks @Undertaker for your assistance, but try being more precise . Please.   :yes:

32 minutes ago, mona said:

@WALLONN7

No, no with ordinary words and even all other links  (coursor marking the end of the links is also natively placed correctly)

The issue occurs only  when trying to insert links to the pic using  ’INSERT OTHER MEDIA’’ option.

17 minutes ago, mona said:

But there is something NEW :

I posted bunch of pics linked to IMGUR (note : another host) today  here.

They were of .webp format though.

Guess what  -  everything went like a charm.

SPACE wasn't added and pics showed right away after posting as they should.

?  ?  ?      :think:

Good findings...

2 minutes ago, mona said:

The URL  -   any kind of URL or  pic URL hosted on PostImage  ?

Now :  not sure if you want me to post it in a new tab address bar or somewhere else  ?

Thanks @Undertaker for your assistance, but try being more precise . Please.   :yes:

Just copy the image URL of a pic hosted on postimage and paste it in a text document(could be anything notepad, notepade+, notepad++, word, powerpoint, etc.) and see if it adds the space.

Phew.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WALLONN7 said:

4 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Just copy the image URL of a pic hosted on postimage and paste it in a text document(could be anything notepad, notepade+, notepad++, word, powerpoint, etc.) and see if it adds the space.

Phew.

You just "translate" what I meant above... :cheers::notworthy:

Edited by WALLONN7
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Good findings...

Yes, I think so too.

Hope they could shed some new light , but I don't feel competent to fully analize them.

• Still waiting for your, guys - guidance and help.  Really appreciate it.    

19 hours ago, Undertaker said:

Phew.

Seems that the SPACE is with us again....

Scs_2018-01-30_190857.jpg

You just "translate" what I meant above... :cheers::notworthy:

@WALLONN7 ,    @Undertaker did a good job, since it looks like I missed your point initially.

Edited by mona
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mona said:

Looks like the SPACE is with us again....

Scs_2018-01-30_190857.jpg

Well, it looks like we have an intermittent issue...

I put my chips on Android as responsible...

GOT IT  guys  !

The culprit was ..... ADM  android downloader.

My previous screenshots showed clearly that pic links were properly copied on the hosting site, yet screwed when pasted in forum editting window.

So culprit must have  interferred somewhere in between...

That led me to my downlowder (ADM) that uses to fetch links from the clipboard exactly in between of those two moments.

Uninstalled ADM, rebooted and ... here you are :  the above test pic loaded properly (SPACE wasn't added).

So the problem is finally solved.   :showoff:

To be fair - would like to admit that ADM is generally ok and don't usually interfere with links. After all the issue was only couple of days old. While ADM has served me well for over 6 months already.

I believe that something got probably screwed when - due to the lack of space - I decided to move whole lot of apps to my external SD card. It was a week ago.

Most probably that was the moment and the reason when and why ADM started misbehaving.  That's it.

@WALLONN7  @Undertaker  @DKT27  @jordan4x

Guys your help was priceless and set me on the right track. Thanks a lot.  :D   :cheers:

Edited by mona
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mona said:

GOT IT  guys  !

The culprit was ..... ADM  android downloader.

My previous screenshots showed clearly that pic links were properly copied on the hosting site, yet screwed when pasted in forum editting window.

So culprit must have  interferred somewhere in between...

That led me to my downlowder (ADM) that uses to fetch links from the clipboard exactly in between of those two moments.

Uninstalled ADM, rebooted and ... here you are :  the above test pic loaded properly (SPACE wasn't added).

So the problem is finally solved.   :showoff:

To be fair - would like to admit that ADM is generally ok and don't usually interfere with links. After all the issue was only couple of days old. While ADM has served me well for over 6 months already.

I believe that something got probably screwed when - due to the lack of space - I decided to move whole lot of apps to my external SD card. It was a week ago.

Most probably it was the moment and the reason when and why ADM started misbehaving.  That's it.

@WALLONN7  @Undertaker  @DKT27

Guys your help was priceless and set me on the right track. Thanks a lot.  :D   :cheers:

Glad to hear that!!!! ?

Looks like a new problem with pictures, that don't show up !

Have no idea why, since all of them are linked to my POSTIMAGE account.

@jordan4x is it possible to include  this issue related posts from Forum upgrade bugs thread too ?

I mean mainly @DKT27 ' s suggestions ?

2 hours ago, mona said:

@jordan4x is it possible to include  this issue related posts from Forum upgrade bugs thread too ?

I mean mainly @DKT27 ' s suggestions ?

i'll try despite it's also suitable there and might help other members

Edit : i'll try later because i've just moved more than 40 replies in a row :)

Phew!

Also, Topic marked as solved.

• Like 2

• Jordan unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, mona said:

Jordan I tried to reply to your message but your inbox is probably full and you can't receive any new PM's

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry! my inbox quota used @100% again!

...and no need for further actions. the job is done.

• Administrator

In apps like ADM, I prefer not them fetching any links and such - there is an setting for it I believe. My phone does not have much RAM when using Firefox, so I always prefer to run these apps whenever required to do so.

• 1 month later...

36 minutes ago, mona said:

@dcs18

I tried Imgur (simple Imgur upploading app just for now) and .... the result is the same : the pic got down-scaled.

So looks like the culprit is on my side.   :(

If it happens that you have any suggestions where to look for it - please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help. (my thanks go to @WALLONN7 too).

In order to detect the root of the problem, can you just try using the same image that was uploaded to imgur, by me and then placing it between the img tags without any space/s, as follows:—

NQzsVEi.png

Edited by dcs18
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mona said:

@dcs18  I'm going to post a comparison between various image hosting sites.

That's why one more little question to you, as an Imgur fan :  does Imgur allow for uploading a FOLDER full of pics in one shot ?    :think:

imgur allows you to create albums (folders) on your own accounts — you can then simple select multiple images and upload them directly to that album.

• Like 2