OTA Updation Possible After Un-rooting Device?

Karamjit

hi guys.....i have a valid question (as per my very limited knowledge in the field of Android).

i am planning to root my Lenovo K6 Power to uninstall crap and other unwanted apps and again un-root my device (if this is possible to un-root it again).

Members are kindly requested to explain me if my device will be eligible to get updates from Lenovo via OTA after un-rooting the device.

and what is the best method to root and un-root my device to avoid any further damage to the device?

Edited by Karamjit Lal

Hello dear,

Some time it is possible , that the OTA feature revert back while un rooting , but if lenovo has , knox or warranty status check tripped like samsung and other smart phones , then surely its not possible.

So its a risk.

Eligible, yes, but the OTA update looks for partition sizes, directories, etc to verify that it is being applied to the correct device.  If in removing things you change this then the OTA update will fail.  Every manufacturer uses different checks so there is nothing specific you could do that would ensure an OTA update would install.

You can flash the stock rom when you want to do OTA update. I use Chimera Tool to root/unroot/unlock/FRP remove etc...(The only thing this tool couldn't fix is IMEI repair on my S6) I think I paid around $70 for a year, that was few months back. Anyway there's always a risk to F#ck up your device... 

On 1/25/2018 at 6:52 PM, PriSim said:

Hello dear,

Some time it is possible , that the OTA feature revert back while un rooting , but if lenovo has , knox or warranty status check tripped like samsung and other smart phones , then surely its not possible.

So its a risk.

OK My Lord..........Got The Point