[Solved] Reducing of pictures/photos

Pete 12

We are not allowed to upload pictures/photos more then 20 kb , so Im searching for a good picture-resizer ( reducing ) .

Hopefully it will make it easier to upload and stay below 20 kb............

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I wonder if you are talking about nsane.forums limit. As I do not remember having any limit as small as 20 KB here.

Well, a few days ago , tried to upload a picture from my desktop , for explaining an item in the forum , about 175kb.

Got a screen ; no more then 20kb allowed.

Its very difficult making some clear picture below 20 kb !

" Accepted file types zip, rar, 7z, jpg, png, gif, doc, docx, log, pdf, txt · Max total size 0.02MB "   :rolleyes:

1MB =1000KB , so 0,1MB=100KB ............. you see ; 0,02MB ( max total size allowed !) = 20KB........................agree??

Me, and a lot of fox more, hope , you ( administrators ) will increase the max upload-size in the near future , would make the use of the forums much easier................:D

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Well, a few days ago , tried to upload a picture from my desktop , for explaining an item in the forum , about 175kb.

Got a screen ; no more then 20kb allowed.

Its very difficult making some clear picture below 20 kb !

That is because your allowed space for attachment is almost full. Go to this page and delete what you think is not useful anymore.

Also, uploading files to a image host such as Imgur is always better than attaching them here.

HOW to delete everything.......??   I can not find an option for deleting these files ...............??

So , im getting some space again.

HELP,please !

Thanks to DKT27 , I was able to delete my attachments , so I can use 10MB again !

I do hope this new delete-button will stay in the attachments-folder , so we can clean it up when necessary..................:rolleyes:

As far as Im concerned , this topic is solved.

• Administrator

Topic marked as solved and moved to Site / Forum Feedback. As this was an forum related issue, suits better here.

Usefull prog, will install it, it will be much better in near future also.

Though , in these forums , better using an upload-site and inserting your link , when using pictures , photos etc. ................:D

• Administrator
On 1/27/2018 at 2:01 AM, nickhog said:

Pete 12, I often need to resize picture files to share.  I found, and use often, a little app that adds a resize option the the windows right click menu.  Take a look here if you're still interested in resizing...

Image resizer for windows...

It's been years since I have seen a software like this. Last time I used something like this it was probably a decade ago on a OS made more than a decade and a half ago. Was not sure if I would have found something like this.

Thanks for sharing it.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, nickhog said:

DKT27, I'm an old guy stuck in the old days...  What can I say.... ;)

More like an simple guy stuck in the simple ways. :P

The reason I say this that many software offer methods to do it. But not all offer methods to do it so simply I think.

Or filling half your free drive space by adding a ton of other junk... ;)  Saving drive space is left over habit from when 256mb was a huge HD.... :D  Worse yet, left over from when a 60min tape was our only storage media....:rolleyes:

Archived