Problem With Office 2016 Updates

dabourzannan

I have Office 2016 Standard installed, when updating it downloads updates for Access, Visio, Publisher and other programs that is not either included in this version of office nor ever installed individually on this computer. I need to find a solution to stop wasting my internet package on useless updates like this.

• Replies 4
  • Views 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks alexxf for your answer but Office Standard have all the programs that I need, the problem is the updater is downloading everything as if it is a Pro version. Further I'm not sure that my license is good for C2R.

8 hours ago, dabourzannan said:

Thanks alexxf for your answer but Office Standard have all the programs that I need, the problem is the updater is downloading everything as if it is a Pro version. Further I'm not sure that my license is good for C2R.

office packages are really only 1 product, the serial you use defines how much functionality/ features of Office you have STD/ PRO/ VL etc

Ratiborus Office 2013-2016 C2R installs its own VL (Volume License) that lasts around 6mths (the grace period for activation). you can install individual office programs and then disable the autoupdate

https://sharewbb.com/microsoft-office-c2r/

This Office version is a Standard VL license it should not download updates for Access and if the number I used belongs to Office Pro which I doubt very much it should not download for Visio either.

As I understand from your answer and the link, if I used Ratiborus tool I'will loose my license and keep on reactivating every 180 days. I wish to solve this erratic download issue and keep this license if this is possible.

Archived